𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

"My gosh! Yui! How long have you been here?" I don't look up from my computer screen and continue to type away. Trying not to let any more tears spill out.

"Not long." I lie to Hatori. I've been here for an hour.

"Your eyes are all puffy and red. Yuihiso, are you alright?" He shuts the screen off, forcing me to look at him.

"It's stress." I knew I shouldn't have come here. Somehow I thought coming to Hatori's house would console me. However, I feel even more lost.

"I should take your keys away if you're going to come and break into my house in the middle of the night. Stand up." He puts his hands in mine and leads me to the porch, where he sits me down. "Wait here. I'm going to get us coffee."

"That's not necessary!" I object.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to burn myself." He chuckles.

Focusing on the early sunset rising out, the fact that Hatori isn't even in a suit finally reaches me. "Focus on the morning glories, Yuihiso, not the man!"

But my face is a bright shade of pink when Hatori comes with mugs in his hand. "Hey, you're not using that mug you always use!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Red mug, with an outline of cherry blossoms, I believe, with Hanakotoba written under it. You always drink your tea out of it." I point out.

"I didn't want to ruin it with coffee. However, you still are ignoring my question, why are you here?"

My sudden outburst of tears startles him, making him almost spill his coffee. "Yui, you're an adult! Shouldn't you contain your tears?"

"I'm sorry. I feel pathetic crying in front of you. I'm so confused and afraid."

"I shouldn't have said that. There's no reason for you to be ashamed of crying." His warm fingers brush the tears off my cheek. "But Yui, if there is ever anything bothering, I am here for you."

"I know... I'll let you know in the future. But my problem is something that I have to bear on my own." I don't even know how to tell if I'm in love with him or not. I never had crushes growing up. And I didn't have good examples of loving relationships to learn from.

"Thank you, Hatori." I stand up, firmly clasping my cup. "I appreciate it, really. I should get going and let you get dressed and eat breakfast."

"Before you leave," hand on my head, he gently pulls me close to his chest. "This is the closest I can give to a hug. It'll have to make up for it."

He smells like cotton, testosterone, and morning dew. Surprisingly, a great mixture. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Lips pressed against my own, shock is not what I find myself feeling, instead there is quietness and refreshment.