What Now?

David came up and knocked on my door, then he came in. "The hospital called and said Liam has signed himself out. So it's likely he will be home sometime today." said David "Okay." I said as I faced the other way and pulled my robe down "Can you help me change my bandage again?" I asked and I took a deep breath. "I'm scared David, I've been mentally preparing myself but I feel it not's enough. It may be my last day here with you guys. No one wants to live with someone like me, especially if they witness something like that. What's worse is that I don't know how to tell him about the other thing. Why are you so quiet today?" I asked as I turned to him. "It's you!" I gasped as I froze in place.

"Do you know what I feel seeing you here and now, I'll bet you don't?" he asked his voice still a bit weak. "I don't and it scares me." I said turning away from him. "After everything we've been through you still turn away from me." he said as he walked over and sat on the bed opposite of me and he moved right in front of me. I turned away not knowing how to face him. He gently placed his hands on my shoulders and said "Look at me Skylar. I hate it when you avoid me like this.". I turned to him and tears welled up in my eyes "I'm sorry." I cried "I want to stay by your side. With what I've seen and your story you told the cops, you've forced me to stay by your side. I was more than willing to go to prison for what I'd done, meeting you made me feel like I could finally do something right. Then you implicated yourself so if I come clean you'll go down with me." he explained.

"I didn't want you to leave me, I wanted to be selfish. That's why I said all those things to the cops, little did I know what else would happen." I cried and he wiped my tears away. "Why not, why didn't you want me to leave you? I want to hear the words from you." he asked "Because, I fell in love with you." I said and he kissed me before I could finish what I wanted to say. He pulled away for a second and said "I've been in love with you since you took advantage of me you know. You were the first and only woman I'll ever let do that to me.". I kissed him this time and he reciprocated my kiss. After we kissed he hugged me and said "What I felt seeing you again, was I was happy and relieved you weren't hurt worse. I don't care about that dark part of you, and I think it's better if I stay by your side to prevent that from happening again. It's not like I'm a good guy either, I've hurt people and caused them to die before. I don't want you to shoulder this all alone anymore." he said,

"You made me curious though, about that other thing you were talking about with David but didn't know how to tell me." he said. My body tensed up "Oh that?" I asked quietly "So what secret are you hiding from me now. Did you cheat on me with David while I was in the hospital?" he asked "What! Of course not you know he's gay. Besides I can't turn him on, it makes me feel like less of a woman." I said as I hit him "Ouch!" he gasped. "I'm so sorry I forgot your in worse shape than me." I said as I pulled away "I was joking." he said as he placed a hand on my stomach. "It's this right?" he asked rubbing my tummy and I was shocked "What. How?" I gasped "David happened to expose it when I saw his recent purchases on my credit card. What else would someone need prenatal vitamins, and books about pregnancy?" asked Liam. "Your too calm." I said staring at him "Well we never used protection so I was a matter of time don't you think. Besides why do you think I never had condoms here. Because if you happened to get pregnant then the more reason for you to stay." he said.

"What! You, how could you say something like that. Your a monster." I said with tears in my eyes "Well I know those are happy tears, guess that makes two of us then. We will have to do better for our child now won't we. We need regular checkups because of all the recent situations, we have to make sure they are healthy." he said. "Also, I quit my job last week. So you'll have to keep working to support our child and me now." I said and he smiled "Good, I was gonna make you quit for me anyhow. Now I have everything I could ever want." he said. "Your lucky I love you." I said as I kissed him on the cheek "Say it again." he said "No way!" I laughed. "There's one more thing I want though." said Liam as we layed down "What is it?" I asked looking at him "Move in officially, and get rid of that dinky apartment, then marry me." he said "Fine, fine, wait what? You want to move that quick. Pfft, you don't even have a ring." I scoffed and he held something shiny up. "You mean this." he said as he held my hand and slid it onto my finger "I guess I have no other choice then." I said "Nope." he said with a smile just before kissing me.

 This was to be my life now, closed a case, gave up my job, almost died, killed someone, ended up pregnant, soon to be married and already living with my fiancé, all at the age of 25. What a rollercoaster of life I've been on this year. Well here's to a new beginning.

The end.