Jungkook 2.3

King AU
Cinderella inspired.

The king enters, with a black mask, and a beautiful suit. Everyone bows or curtsys. He is more handsome than I expected, but I'm still on edge.

I want to see the gardens

I want to see the gardens. Ignoring the people, I wander out of the double doors, sneakily looking back.
I speak to the two guards.
"Where are the gardens?" I ask, shyly.
The one looks at the other.
"I cant tell you that miss." He sighs.
"Please?" I pout. "I'll be quick."
The one seems to give in. "Go out of the entrance, and turn right. Follow the path that curves around the palace."
"Tae man, what the heck?" The grumpy one growls.
I thank him, running off, my hair flowing behind me.
I bow to the other guards as well, before following the path, not forgetting to say hi to Ace. I then see the beautiful gardens.
It looks so ethereal. The plants are beautiful, and some dancing couples are even carved out of bushes.
A few stone structures are randomly placed. In the center is a pavilion, with the view of a pond. With white flowers that seem to glow, the moonlight reflects off the water. I sit at the pavilion, resting my arms on the edge.
I sing quietly to myself, when I hear a chirp.
I turn my head. A beautiful small yellow bird sits next to me.
"Why hello." I smile. "And what are you doing out here?"
I cautiously hold my forefinger out, causing the bridge to hop on it.
"I'll call you Poppy." I smile, petting it's small head softly with my other finger. I hum softly again as the bird chirps happily.
"Are you ever lonely poppy?" I ask, staring longingly at the pond.
Poppy just chirps once with a head tilt.
"Hmm." I smile. "I suppose that's best. Not having anyone. That way, you dont feel pain when they leave."
Poppy chirps a few times.
"I suppose." I say. "Oh what am I doing. Talking to a bird, I must be crazy!"
Poppy flaps its wings and nudges my hand with its head.
"Oh, why dont I just take you home with me." I coo. "That is if you're lonely too? Then we wont be lonely anymore, we'll be together."
Poppy and me stare at the pond, with the slight twitch of its wings every so often.
The silence is soon broken.
"And what are you doing away from the ball?" A deep voice asks. Poppy flies away in surprise, and I turn around in shock.
Only to gasp when I see the king himself.
I bow.
"I'm sorry your highness."
"Its fine." He sighs. "But you do know this is a forbidden area for visitors."
I blush, and look away shyly.
"I know." I say. "I just wanted to see the gardens."
He nods.
"Dance with me." He says in a demanding voice. I stare at him in shock.