005

hi y'all i finally published another chapter, i'm sorry it took so long 😭 i had to rewrite this so many times 'cause everything i wrote sucked ass and tbh i'll probably be rewriting this again soon enough

it's a bit rushed too btw i had no idea how to write the junkyard scene

~

After an extremely long and painful forty-five minutes of walking, the five of you eventually reached the junkyard.

"Hey Vern, looks like your ma's been out driving again." Gordie smiled, quick to make a stupid joke as he stared out at rusty, beaten-up cars through the diamond-shaped holes in the fence. Both you and Chris began laughing your asses off but instantly shut up when Vern turned around to shoot you a dirty look. "That's so funny I forgot to laugh."

"That's so funny I forgot to laugh." You mocked. You quickly dodged to the side as he threw his sleeping bag at you, causing you to clumsily stumble into Chris and nearly knock him over. Vern stuck his tongue out at you childishly. "Ha-ha, who's laughing now?"

"Suck my fucking titty, Vern." You shot back in annoyance.

"Yeah, maybe I will!"

Everyone turned to stare at him.

"Wait, no- I didn't- I didn't mean- it was an instinct-" He groaned, raising his hands to cover his red cheeks. "I hate everything."

"My window's always unlocked."

"Oh my god, shut up."

The other three began to snicker at Vern's embarrassed expression while you simply pat his cheek and turned back around to begin climbing the fence, calling over your shoulder midway through, "Are you guys coming or not?"

They wasted no time in following after you. Nobody bothered to point out the massive "NO TRESPASSING" sign hanging above your heads in big, bold letters.

No Trespassing had been enforced by Milo Pressman, the junkman, and his dog, Chopper, who was the most feared and least seen dog in all of Castle Rock. Rumour had it that Milo had taught Chopper not just to sic, but to sic specific parts of the human anatomy; thus, a kid who had illegally scaled the junkyard fence might hear the dreaded cry, "Chopper! Sic balls!" and, well, believe me when I say that kid would never get laid in his entire life. But fortunately, neither Chopper nor Milo were anywhere in sight right then.

"y/n," Chris pulled himself over the fence and dropped down onto the ground next to you, scooping up his sleeping bag and canteen. Teddy had already dragged Vern over to the well where they were staring down at the pump in confusion, leaving you alone with Chris and Gordie. "Hey."

"Hi."

Gordie sighed under his breath behind you, preparing to third-wheel once again.

"You know, honestly speaking, I don't think you should make sex jokes around Vern anymore." Chris told you with a laugh. You raised an eyebrow. 

"And why is that?"

He grinned down at you and slung one of his arms around your shoulders. "Because you're hot, and hot girls making sex jokes are going to be the death of him. Have you not seen how flustered he gets?"

"Okay, one," You held up a finger. "His reaction is hilarious and if you ever told me to stop I would chop off your limbs and throw you into Grand Canyon. And two, I'm not hot."

"You are, you really are."

"You're lying."

"I'm not lying."