006

A/N- sorry for slow af updates, i spilled cranberry juice all over my laptop and couldn't use it for nearly two months 😫

-

"Great, spit at the fat kid! True good!" Vern complained as the rest of you burst out laughing. "What time is it, Gordie?"

"Um... it's a quarter after one." Gordie replied, glancing down at the cheap blue Timex you'd gotten him for his birthday. Vern's pissed-off expression instantly dropped into one of fear, something you knew he would deny once you teased him about it later on. "Oh, shit. We better go get the food, the junkyard opens at three. Chopper will be here."

"Ooh, sic balls." Chris laughed.

Teddy leaned back against the side of the truck and pat Vern on the shoulder, grinning at him with sarcastic sweetness. "You go. You can pick us up on the way back."

"I'm not going alone! We should all go."

"Well, I'm stayin' right here."

Both you and Gordie immediately began nodding along, quick to agree with Teddy's statement while Vern shot you death glares for not taking his side. He turned to Teddy, clearly about to start an argument, but was luckily interrupted by Chris pushing him backwards slightly with a warning look. "Girls, girls- but, uh, not in, like, a sexist way-" He glanced at you awkwardly, to which you rolled your eyes in response. "Cool it. We'll flip for it."

Gordie sighed. "Odd man goes?"

"That's you, Gordie, odd as a cod." Teddy replied. Gordie stared at him coldly for a second, clearly unamused, before he shook his head and dug five quarters out of the pocket of his jeans. "Whatever. Flip or eat lead."

"Grouchy ass." Teddy muttered under his breath, tossing his coin up into the air and catching it in his free hand. Everyone quickly followed his actions and on Chris's cue, you all slowly uncovered the coins to reveal five tails glinting up into the sun.

Vern was the first to speak, his voice shaky and panicked. "Oh, Jesus. Oh, man, that's a goocher." [I KNOW FIVE TAILS ISNT A GOOCHER BUT JUST GO ALONG WITH IT]

"Vern-" You sighed, but he cut you off.

"No, man, a goocher. That's really bad." He paused for dramatic effect. "Remember when Clint Bracken and those guys got wiped out on Weed Hill in Durham? Billy told me they were flipping for beers and they came up with a goocher just before they got into the car. And bang! They all get totalled!" He shook his head, ignoring the groans and eye-rolls passing through the group at his ridiculous story. "I don't like this. Sincerely."

"Verno! Nobody believes in that crap about moons and goochers!" Teddy complained. You nodded, this being the first and hopefully last ever time you would ever be agreeing with Teddy the dumbass Duchamp. "Yeah, come on, just flip again."

"But-"

"Are you gonna flip or not?"

Although he didn't look too happy about it, the pressure of everyone staring him down eventually pushed Vern enough to reluctantly flip his coin, shooting every one of you dirty looks as he did so. Both you and Chris glanced at each other at the same time, stifling giggles.

"Alright, I'm done. Happy?" Vern grumbled. Gordie rolled his eyes at his tone, but nodded anyway to shut him up. You all uncovered your coins and you glanced down at what you had flipped, your heart instantly sinking as you saw the unmistakable face of George Washington staring right back at you (i don't live in america or 1959 so i honestly have no idea if it was george washington or not 😭 i searched it up and the first site i looked at said washington, so we're going with that. pls correct me if i'm wrong tho).

You glanced around the group, hopeful that somebody else had flipped heads too, but all four of the boys had managed to get tails again. They all instantly noticed your expression and Teddy eagerly glanced into your cupped hands. He took one look at your quarter and began to cackle his famous Teddy Duchamp cackle.

"y/n's out!" He threw his head back violently as he laughed, causing it to bash against the side of the truck. It looked painful but the only thing he seemed to care about at that moment was making fun of you. "Oh, look at that, y/n just bit the bag and stepped out the door!"

"Shut it, Duchamp!" You snapped.

"Aw, y/n really did screw the pooch!"

"Shut the fuck up!" You said angrily, turning to him with the most murderer-like look you could muster. "You know, Teddy, I don't think I'd be looking so happy if I were you."

He smirked. "Yeah? Why is that?"

You smirked back at him, trying your best to mirror his expression as accurately as you could. It felt pretty stupid but it was totally worth it if it managed to piss him off. "Because I don't know where Quidacioluo's is."

"That sounds like a you problem."

"Well, tell me, am I getting the food just for myself? Or am I getting it for all of us?" You smiled when you saw the confidence in Teddy's eyes immediately drop, only to be replaced by annoyance.

"Goddammit, y/n! How can you not know where Quidacioluo's is?"

"I've only been living here for a year."

"That's no excuse-"

"Guys, calm down." Chris sighed. He stuck his arm out in between you and Teddy to prevent you from brutally murdering each other. "I'll go with y/n, okay? I don't mind the walk."

"I'm okay with that." You replied a little too quickly.

"Well, I'm not." Gordie said. Both you and Chris turned around to face him, unappreciative of his input, and he shrugged in response. "Come on, everyone knows you two will take forever if you go alone. You'll be-"

"Sucking face!" Teddy said excitedly.

Gordie shot him a glare. "You'll be too busy giggling and flirting and picking flowers and-"

"I am manly! I do not pick flowers!" Chris interrupted.

"Will you just let me finish my sentence?"

His face went red. "Sorry."

"As I was saying," Gordie continued slowly, as if waiting for another interruption. Nobody spoke and he carried on, smiling in content. "You'll be too busy flirting with each other to-" Chris opened his mouth to argue, but was met with a cold look. "-remember the food, and you'll come back empty-handed. I can already see it happening."

"That is so not true." You muttered to yourself. Gordie ignored you.

"I'll go with y/n. You guys just sit here and wait for us, okay?"

Teddy and Vern agreed enthusiastically, seemingly glad they weren't the ones that had to get up off their lazy asses and go with you, while Chris stared at the ground with a pissed expression.

"Come on, let's go." Gordie stood to his feet, sticking his hand out and helping you up. You grumbled something about how bossy he was under your breath but he again ignored you, before beginning to drag you by the wrist towards the direction of the store. You waved to Chris over his shoulder and he gave you the thumbs-up sign in response.

"Enjoy yourself!" Teddy yelled.

"Shut up!"

You heard the three boys chant their stupid little comeback in the distance, before making obnoxious gagging noises. "I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you, I throw up!"

UGH I ALWAYS END MY CHAPTERS SO RANDOMLY BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ELSE TO SAY W/O MAKING THIS LONG ASF 😭