008

"Woah-" Chris managed to get out before he fell to the floor, you landing on top of him. "Sorry, man."

"Don't worry about it." He stood up and brushed himself off, before extending his hand out towards you. You awkwardly took it and he pulled you to your feet. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I guess- wait, that's Chopper?" You had turned around to face Milo Pressman and his so-called rabid beast of a dog but instead of fear, your expression instantly morphed into confusion. The creature running around in circles on the other side of the fence wasn't a monster. It wasn't snarling or foaming at the mouth- in fact, it was actually kind of cute. It was just... a dog. An adorable golden retriever, to be exact.

Before you could stop him, Teddy had begun pressing his ass up against the fence, causing you to let out a loud sigh. He laughed as Chopper bit his t-shirt. "C'mon, Choppy, kiss my ass! Kiss my ass, Choppy, bite shit!"

He jumped back, gesturing to his... swimsuit area. "Sic balls, Choppy!"

"Stop teasin' that dog, you hear me, stop teasin' him!" Milo Pressman finally managed to make his way over to the fence, his round face bright red. "Sonny, I'm gonna beat your ass, teasin' my dog like that."

"Yeah? I'd like to see you try to climb over the fence and get me, fatass!" Teddy replied with a smirk.

Milo glared at him. "Don't you call me that, you tin-weasel, peckerwood, loony's son."

Silence.

"What did you call me?" Teddy said quietly, the grin on his face now gone. Milo smiled. He'd found Teddy's soft spot.

"I know who you are. You're Teddy Duchamp."

"And?" You spat.

"And? His dad's a loony! A loony, up in the nuthouse in Togus!" He pointed at Teddy. "He took your ear, put it to a stove, and burned it off!"

Teddy stared him down. "My father stormed the beach at Normandy."

"He's crazier than a shithouse rat. No wonder you're acting the way you are, with a loony for a father."

"You call my dad a loony one more time, and I'll kill you."

Milo smirked. "Loony, loony, loony-"

"I'M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK!" Teddy screamed, lunging forward at the fence. He began trying to climb back over but you grabbed his ankle and pulled him back down. "LET ME KILL HIM, Y/N! LET ME FUCKING KILL HIM!"

"No! That's what he wants you to do, he wants to beat the piss out of you and take you to the cops!" Chris yelled, causing Milo to scowl.

"Watch your mouth! Let him do his own fighting."

"Sure, you only outweigh him by five-hundred pounds, fatass!" Gordie replied. You began giggling at the way he yelled 'fatass' but quickly stopped when you realised nobody else found it funny. Especially Milo, who raised a fat finger and pointed it right at Gordie. "I know your name. You're Lachance. I know all you guys!"

He scanned the group with his small, beady eyes and you sighed when they landed on you, already sensing what was coming.

"You're y/n, aren't you? I never believed the rumours about you hanging out with a group of boys like a fucking skank, or I at least thought everyone was exaggerating. I guess I've been proven wrong, huh?" Milo grinned, showing yellow, crooked teeth. "Like mother, like daughter, I suppose. What a whore."

"Hey-!" Chris began angrily, before you placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down, then turned to stare at Milo with as much disgust as you could muster in your eyes. "Look, Mr. Pressman. I don't know if you're trying to wind me up or not but what you're saying isn't gonna affect me. You have no idea how many times I've heard other people say the same thing, sometimes behind my back, and sometimes to my face, but it's gotten old now. I don't give a shit anymore. And I know myself and I know that I'm not a slut or a whore, and that's enough for me." You paused for a moment, debating with yourself whether to add in the next part, then thought 'fuck it'. "You fat dink."

"You've got a filthy mouth on you, you know?" Milo growled. Kinda like a dog. "All of your parents are gonna get a call from me. Except," He looked at Teddy. "For the loony up in Togus."

Teddy lunged forward at the fence again, screaming his head off, while everyone tried to pull him back. His glasses were lopsided on his face as he yelled profanities and death threats, only provoking Milo more and causing even more loony comments. Teddy's fingers had been gripping onto the diamonds in the fence tightly but you all eventually managed to prise them off and begin dragging him away.

"Nobody ranks out my old man!" He screamed. He twisted his body, trying to squirm out of your grip, but you held onto his arm so he couldn't run back. "My father stormed the beach at Normandy! You son of a bitch, you faggo-"

"Teddy, no." You interrupted with a warning tone.

"Sorry." He mumbled, before starting to yell at Milo again. Chris, who was holding Teddy's other arm, glanced up at you with a helpless expression. You smiled weakly in response.

After a lot of fighting and dragging, the five of you eventually managed to get far enough from the junkyard to be free of both Teddy and Milo's deafening screams. You all made sure to walk in a protective bunch around Teddy - a silent agreement that had been made with only a few glances and side-eyes - as he cried into his hands, furiously wiping tears away with the backs of his wrists. His glasses hung from the neckline of your shirt and every time you thought he'd calmed down enough for you to offer them back, he'd let out another loud sob and it was ten minutes more of intense crying.

"We showed him! He thought we were a bunch of pussies." Vern suddenly said, obviously trying to lighten the mood. He had a bright smile on his face, but it instantly disappeared when Teddy sniffled again. "He ranked out my old man."

guys i still haven't learned how to write chapter endings & it's at 1000 words so yh enjoy this