Epilogue

39th Gerrard Street, London

It was the smallest room with lumbering Marshal Amps staked up to the ceiling, so much that Bonzo looked somewhat trapped behind his drum kit.

After what seemed to Jimmy like forever and countless telegrams from all three- Peter, Robert and himself combined with yet another personal plea on Robert's behalf, Bonham left Tim Rose's group for the uncertainty that was that was dubbed the New Yardbirds.

His only words were that he knew Jimmy to be a good guitarist and Robert to be a good singer, that and he linked their ideas better.

Jimmy was longing and dreading this day, this was magic time; it all came down to chemistry and creative gel to interlock now.

He was tuning his Telecaster when John Paul arrived, he was a pleasantly mellow fellow, somewhat of an introvert who would now and then toss the odd bit of funny remark into the air, but mostly shy back.

Quite the opposite from the loud mouth and rambunctious Bonzo, who was a constant prankster, always on the go for some good looning.

But it was obvious that they'd get along famously, already chatting about their favorite fotty teams.

The dynamics were set; Jimmy had found a powerful vocalist and a rhythm section that on paper was powerhouse material.

Each on his own had the credentials, but would it all work together as he had envisioned in his mind?

He looked at Robert, the teen with whom he shared so much now.

Talented as he may be, there was much work needed yet, but he was certain that Robert would surprise them all.

Robert caught him staring and smiled, "What?" he mouthed so as the others won't hear.

Jimmy shrugged and smiled, "What shall we play?" he asked, the Telecaster was tuned and ready to blast off.

"Well, I don't know anything" said Jones a bit flustered.

"There's a number we used to do in the Yardbirds called 'Train Kept a Rollin', how about we give it a go?" said Jimmy.

"Right! How that goes?" asked Jones, keen on learning.

Jimmy outlined the basic chords and Robert needed just a quick briefing on lyrics and melody as he knew the tune.

Jimmy strummed the first bars and by the time the bass and Bonzo's thundering drums joined, Robert was already in top form, his voice soaring to incredible heights.

The room quite literally exploded, the 'Train Kept a Rollin' never sounded so rough, hard and loud as it's melody ascended to such higher levels that by the end of the song it was blatantly obvious to all present that this newly created entity, clearly- wasn't the Yardbirds anymore.

Fin.