t w e n t y f o u r

Donghyuck shot his gaze up- scanning the figure that stood right next to him and rolled his eyes

"Tch, and what are you gonna do pretty boy?"

Jisung exhaled, eyes travelling from the whole room and then back at him. He held in his anger as he gently placed their orders on the table- then folded his arms. Saeron looked at him dumbfounded, yet she's worried on what will happen.

"Move," Jisung demanded, signaling his head towards the door- gaze still fixed on him. Donghyuck stared at the boy with lazy eyes, sighing before he got up on his feet. He brought his face closer towards the taller boy, "Shut up."

Saeron kept silent. The two earned attention from the other customers, muttering inaudible words. She wanted to stop it but didn't want to cause anything further, instead she tugged on Jisung's sleeve.

His eyes flickered- meeting by her pleading ones. Saeron shook her head- hoping he would halt his actions before causing a whole other chaos. He sighed and the shorter boy stared at them in disbelief- scoffing again.

"Tch, c'mon. Did the cold and emotionless new boy I dealt with- just disappear?" Donghyuck mocked and Jisung adverted his attention back to him, still holding back his fury. Saeron rolled her eyes in irritation.

She stood up then walked over to Donghyuck's side who watched as she did so, then pulled him by the arm towards the cashier. Jisung only stood- puzzled as his eyes followed the two. Yet he remained still.

A similar expression was plastered on the Donghyuck's face as they stood in front of the woman behind the counter. Saeron didn't even glance at him and her hands rummaged through her purse.

"May I have your order, Ms?" the woman asked. "Yes, one iced americano, please." she answered then paid right after. The woman smiled in return then proceeded with her drink.

A few minutes later, she came back with an iced americano in her grasp then handed the cup. Saeron mumbled a 'thankyou' before turning her body towards Donghyuck, who still stood there in confusion.

"You could've just told me to accompany you order-"
"No, this is for you." Saeron interrupted then shoved the cold plastic cup towards him. His lips fell agape, clearly taken aback by her actions.

"Uh- thanks?-"
"Now, don't make a fuss and leave with your coffee, hm? Stop annoying the shit out of me"
"Geez, I was just tryna say hello."
"No, you're irritating me."

Jisung watched as the two bickered in front of the counter. Ever since he met Donghyuck, there's nothing about him to be liked. Now, he's exasperated. He just wanted to have a nice chat with Saeron. But guess who's here.

"If you want to stay, please stop being a bother!"
"Why? Cause you're off on a date with your boyfriend?"
"He's not my boyfriend, hyuck."
"For sure"
"Why do you care anyway?"

Donghyuck stayed silent, unknown by what made him act that way either. It happened often- no, everytime. Every single time he saw her with another man, he'd be infuriated under his own notice, which led him to tease her all the time.

Saeron raised her brow then sighed again- giving up on the situation. "I'll let you sit and chill, if you stop being a brat and get in my nerves." As much as she hates him, it wouldn't hurt to give him a chance. That's how she's always been anyway.

He shot his head in shock, face brightening without realizing. "Really?" he gleamed and the shorter girl stared- bewildered by his sudden reaction. "Uh- yeah-" she was about to answer before an arm slipped in between their bodies and gently pushed Saeron- making her stumble backwards.

Jisung stepped between the two figures then looked at Donghyuck with his usual demeanor "No, you're not." the taller one simply denied before turning his head to look at Saeron- who's had her lips pursed. He leaned in towards her ear. "Let's go," he whispered with his low, raspy voice but loud enough for Donghyuck to hear.

Saeron stood still as she contemplated. The older teenage boy stared- holding his americano tighter. "Dude, what's your problem? I was just tryna talk to her-" Donghyuck couldn't finish his sentence when he's interrupted by the bell above the entrance, indicating a new customer just entered the cafe.

The three teenagers shot their heads towards the sound in reflex, and Saeron felt her heart drop right into her stomach. She furrowed her brows as she peered onto the man that came just now and the girl couldn't believe her eyes.

Saeron started to panic but tried to hide it under her skin. She wanted to run, she wanted to scream. His face has been glued in her mind for years, he caused her trauma. Her past started rushing back as her body suddenly fell numb. She felt the whole world stop right there and then, her naturally pale face becoming paler in an instant.

It's him. It's Kang Sejoon.

Jisung took notice of her reaction, shifting his gaze back and forth- to the figure that just arrived and to her. He started to worry upon seeing her panicked state. "Are you okay?" he asked with full concern. The girl couldn't bring herself to speak. As much as she wanted to, the words seemed stuck at the tip of her tounge.

Saeron shook her head- still looking at the man, terrified. "I thought he was in jail.." she trailed off and Jisung looked at her puzzled. "Who?" he asked, trying to calm Saeron down as he gently patted her back. She didn't answer, but her gaze was enough to indicate who she was implying.

Jisung glanced at the man, who's now stood in front of the cashier- placing his orders. He wanted to know what she meant and why, but he knew it's best to shove his curiosity aside for now.

On the other hand, Donghyuck had a similar reaction. He stared at the man, muddled as to why he's here- especially at this hour.

Saeron finally came back to her senses when she felt Jisung tug on her sleeve. She flickered her eyes to his face, and back at the man. What she heard next made left her discombobulated.

"Dad..?" Donghyuck trailed off and Saeron swore she felt her mind fall blank- shooting her head to look at the confused boy.

"Dad?"

there's honestly A LOT GOING ON

and OMG THANKYOU FOR 1K VIEWS🥺❤️