Light

We come to a stop. I walk up to Mystery girl, looking at what's blocking the way. It's a vault, the symbol for an octarian key plastered over the glass.

"What is this thing? How are we going to get over-" She starts to talk, but I cut her off...

"It's just a vault! There must be a key- Somewhere here. Every vault has a corresponding key."

She nods, looking around for anything out of the ordinary. To our left is a doorway to a large room.

"Maybe something's in there?" I point to the doorway, and we both start to walk into it.

We both step on some kind of pressure plate, and it clicks beneath our feet. A glass cylinder raises, trapping us inside of the glass-! Are we gonna be stuck here? What if we die in here? How-

The machine shows us a hologram of some kind of weapon. Written in octarian beneath it reads "Splattershot Jr." Mystery girl taps the hologram, and the machine spits out the same weapon pictured on it. The glass lowers, letting us out again...

Bizarre. At least we can defend ourselves if we need to...

The room is messy, with boxes and balloons strewn around randomly. Empty ink rails sit, waiting to be activated. There's an upper segment to the room accessible from riding a rail. It almost reminds me of a storage room. This is the best place to look for the key.

Mystery girl takes the weapon, looking at it before turning back to me. She gives me a small nod, before running into the room, spraying ink everywhere. I suppose I'll follow behind, so- That's just what I do.

After riding the ink rails up to the upper segment, and busting open a few boxes, one of them finally drops our prize. I knew it'd be here! I walk over to it and pick it up, and we start to head out back through the doorway, but before we can leave- The machine that gave us our weapon snatches it back up.

Dang. I was glad we had a weapon- Maybe we'll find one later on. The quiet allows for all those questions I pushed away to come trickling back in. We get to the gate, unlocking it and continuing to walk down the tracks.

That ringing is getting louder.