02 - dejection

Flashback

"Favorite color?"

"Definitely clear." Katerina said without hesitation,

"Clear?" George's eyes widened, "Clear is not a color!"

"Yes it is. That's like saying white isn't a color." George looked at her confused,

"That makes no sense." Katerina and George laughed.

"Not once did you nor I say judging is allowed." Katerina pointed her finger at him. He held his arms up,

"No judging." Katerina smiled, "Clear is a fantastic color." George said with a hint of sarcasm.

***

Draco walked into Katerina's room.

Katerina turned, looking directly at him. She grabbed a piece of paper throwing it at him.

The paper past right through him.

"Astral Projection? You really miss me that much?" Katerina smiled slightly.

"Harry knows." Draco ignored her.

Katerina's eyes widened.

"What?" Katerina stood up, "How?"

"I don't know." Draco crossed his arms, "I haven't figured that out yet. Lay low for a bit yeah?"

"I don't want to do this anymore, Draco." Katerina sighed, "I'm tired."

"You can't break the vow." Draco stated the obvious.

"I know that. But I have to see them." Katerina straightened her lips, "It's been long enough."

"No," Draco shook his head, "If He finds out-"

"He'll what? Kill me?" Katerina questioned. "By now, he'd be doing me a favor. I'm not breaking the vow by seeing them."

"But you can't stay with them." Draco furrowed his eye brow, "You really think they'll just let you come back here?"

Katerina shrugged, looking away.

"I know that you miss them, Kat." Draco walked closer to her. "It will break their hearts to see you and to have to lose you all over again."

Katerina nodded slowly as she bit her lip.

"You aren't the same girl you used to be. Your hands are covered in blood." Draco sighed.

"I know that." Katerina stared at the ground.

"I'm really sorry." Draco smiled weakly before disappearing.

Katerina exhaled deeply, falling back into her trance.

"I can't focus when you're looking at me like that." Katerina covered her face with her notebook blushing.

George smiled confidently, something in him loved seeing Katerina so shy and nervous. George pulled the book down,

"I can't help the way I look at you." George said softly.

-

"Happy Birthday, love." George whispered as his hands travelled up her thighs, slowly reaching her hips, then her lower back. Katerina exhaled deeply as her heart began to race.

"Thank you." Katerina kissed his lips softly. "I should go get ready for class." Katerina climbed off of George's lap, walking into the bathroom.