07 - home sweet home

"Our home.. it's gone." Molly mumbled sadly, staring at the flames.

George covered his ears as the wood snapped loudly.

Katerina bit her lip, staring at the destruction.

This is exactly what she was afraid of.

Slowly, everyone turned facing Katerina.

Katerina inhaled deeply, afraid of what they might say.

"I'm sorry." Katerina whispered, "I tried to stop them."

George glanced at his mother.

"So, you're the Katerina my children could never stop talking about?" Molly said dully.

"Molly, we have to get out of here. They might come back." Remus held out his hand.

Everyone gathered near each other, preparing to leave.

Katerina looked up at the house as the flames grew stronger.

-

"I'm sorry." Katerina shivered, sitting on the twins' sofa. She bit her tongue, avoiding all eye contact.

The group stared back at Katerina. Some thought she would cry, seeing them all staring at her. With their saddened expressions. Who else was there to blame other than Katerina.

"It's alright, Katherina." Hermione spoke slowly.

"Our home is in ruins. This isn't alright." Ron muttered under his breath.

"Katerina isn't the one to blame!" Ginny defended Katerina without hesitation,

"Then who is to blame, dear sister?" Ron raised his voice, "Hm?"

Ginny did not respond.

"What do you expect me to say to that, Ron?" Katerina looked up.

"Nothing." Ron shrugged, "But we all know that none of this would've happened if you would've just stayed." Ron said angrily.

Katerina sighed due to exhaustion.

It was the same words thrown at her over and over.

"You could never understand." Katerina muttered under her breath. She glanced at George, who stared at the floor shamefully. Everyone was silent.

"What are we going to do?" Harry changed the subject. "About Bellatrix?"

"We don't know." Fred sighed, "We can't exactly try picking a fight."

"Why not?" Ginny replied, "With Katerina back we can hold our own."

"And do what?" George finally spoke up, "We can't kill her?"

"Yes we can." Katerina stood up. "And I'll be the one to do it." She said confidently.

"We're not going to just let you kill her. That isn't you." Fred claimed. Katerina dropped her head once more.

"You're wrong." Katerina simply said.

Flashback

Katerina looked emptily at the wall as she heard screaming through the Malfoy Manor. She sat on the cold dungeon floor, looking around at her surroundings. She looked at her hands which she tied together, along with her ankles.

This was her punishment.

Small grunts we were from the other side. Katerina looked up, her heart beating faster.

"Hello..." The voice whispered lowly.

"Who's there?" Katerina's voice echoed softly.