0 6| W A N T I N G H E R

Song: Distraction by Kehlani

————————

*The Night of The Club*

"Are you fucking serious, Sofia? You want me to do what?" Nico growled in absolute disbelief at the bullshit spewing from the pouty lips of his girlfriend. They were in the midst of one of their worst fights yet, and Nico was terrified at the fact that this might be the fight that tears them apart.

For good.

Sofia Lennox folded her long, fair legs and shrugged as she sat on his pure white sofa. Lifting her blue eyes towards him, she repeated her words.

"I want you to see other people, Seb."

So, he was not hallucinating. The love of his life really said he should fuck other people. Sharply, Nico took a deep breath, blue-green eyes watering at her blunt words.

"Why?"

Sofia stood, probably noticing how upset her boyfriend was getting, and slowly approached him, "I'm not saying we should break up. I want us to be in an open relationship with other people,"

Gaze harshly, Nico repeated his question, "Why? For the sex? Am I not good enough for you, Sofia? Is it that I don't give you my attention, my heart, my fucking time? What?"

"Humans aren't meant to be single-partners organisms. I love you, you know I do, but there are things that I need." Sofia gulped, trying to touch him but he pulled away sharply her touch burning. "I mean, don't you love me? Then, give me this,"

Scoffing, Nico shook his head at the master manipulator Sofia was.

8 years of crocodile tears, toxicity, and manipulation. 8 years of heartbreak and tears, of lies and secrets. He thought by ending the engagement, they could use the time to get fucking therapy, and figure out where they went wrong.

And here she was, suggesting an idiotic statement to excuse her cheating. After he had found her fucking her assistant like the cliche girl she was, Nico had ended the engagement and honestly, wanted to do nothing with her. Then, like a fool, when she cried and promised to change, he folded, and only got back together on the promise they would both get help.

After all, love as great as theirs could not be easily forgotten.

"I don't understand you, Sofia." Nico started softly, not having the energy to yell anymore, "What have I not done, have I not given you? I get it, I will never be good enough for you and your upper-class family of aristocrats, but I try. Every day I wake up and I promise to give you the fucking world. You wanted me to get this ridiculous penthouse, I got it. You wanted me to get the stupid sports car, I got it. You wanted me to be called Sebastian because Nicolas was nothing but a poor, broken-down Spanish boy from South London, still taking care of his sick mother. I did it all. For you."