☽ i.

ONE
u n t a m a b l e

JACK Sommers was at it again, blood trickling near his eye like a red tear drop. 

In his hands was the lifeless, mangled carcass of a fellow werewolf.

He stared down at his victim with a dark, remorseless gaze.

As Jack looked up near the trees that shadowed his forest, his vision was filled with the intruder just minutes ago, while he was still breathing.

Flashes of his wringed neck, thick, maroon colored blood sputtering everywhere.

Relentless howls. Then silence.

Those who dared to trespass on Jack Sommers' land typically did not make a return home.

His kind wasn't quite how the false stories made them out to be; they were fiercer.

Stronger.

Shameless.

He was wild, out of his mind.

He was simply feral, lacking the capability to be tamed.

That was the moment when he heard it; the voice that changed everything.

It was the sweetest, most pure and innocent sound he had ever heard, and it was just a few miles away.

He froze, nearly forgetting about the body in his hands.

Something within him was awakened as he strategically dug up a hole, burying the savage's remains before shifting into his human form.

The voice became more prominent. He concealed himself until he was one with nature, preparing to observe the ethereal owner of the voice.

He took a low stance, honing into his impeccable sense of hearing.

A petite young woman came into view, still humming the unfamiliar song from earlier.

Jack's eyes burned, face flushed with pleasure as his gaze trailed the length of her body with want.

It couldn't be...

There was a tightness in his chest as he watched the girl's hair swish just below her shoulders, as if it had been carelessly chopped off.

His greedy eyes moved downward to focus on her pale, smooth looking legs, most of which were hidden by her dark, frilly skirt.

She bent down to reach a particularly low apple tree, revealing more of her thighs.

Jack purred in appreciation. His inhumane side was tempted to claim her as his and never let her leave his sight, but for once, the wolf was not in control; he was.

She wore a red shawl, loosely gripping a basket of fresh apples around with her delicate, long fingers.

Jack was overcome with an urge, an impulse that he had never felt before.

He ached to be near her, despite the blood on his hands, and the darkness of his conscience. 

Before Jack knew what he was doing, he stalked over to the girl in his naked glory, looming over her until she turned around.

Her eyes widened, dark blue irises filled with a sense of peril.

They reminded Jack of pools of woe and sorrow he once drowned in endlessly.

Now, he was a storm, destroying anything in his path with no regard for consequences.

She feared him- he could feel it, he could smell it. Not only that, but her wavering gaze and nervous hand movement were also indication of her paranoia.

Yet, he was fond of her as her hair fell into her eyes, color slowly beginning to drain from her face.

A manic smile formed on his mouth.

It was just as it should be.

With a hungry grin and a rough, calloused hand, he grasped her face, murmuring,

"What pretty eyes you have."
.

I'm back at it with a slightly modified rewrite (; next chapter should be up in legit a few minutes lmao hope you enjoyed!