Jumper✠

The Don

Giovanni

The girl scurried away from me like a scared rabbit, sitting herself down onto the nearest table. It was obvious to tell that she was lost in thought, but it intrigued me as to what she was so lost in. She looked far too young to even be wandering around this area let alone even stepping into this shelter. Examining her features from head to toe, my body went cold from all of the bruises. At first I thought abuse, but they weren't like normal bruises from a hit, instead of a light browny-purple mark like usual they were deathly purple and black, reds twisting in and out of the bloches. They were serious.

Her black T-shirt was thin and the sleeves cut off 1/3 of the way down her arm, leaving her worrying bruises on show for anyone to see. Grey joggers hung baggily onto her legs, showing that only bone was under them, she was frightingly skinny. Her sticks for legs protruding out of the material as she walked; She looked as though death had come for her and she only barely made it out of its grasp. I was curious; Normally I didn't bother even look in strangers directions, but this girl intrigued me and I wanted to know more. So I walked up to her, taking long strides with my long legs.

I placed myself down beside her, trying to keep a bit of distance as to not scare her too much. She moved her head to her left hand and turned it a tad to get a glance at me before shying away. "Hey, what's your name?" My voice rung out, making her jump slightly at the question. She looked at me, boring into my eyes, her brows knitting together in obvious confusion. Her eyes were alert and trying to look away, it was as though she hadn't quite heard what I said, so I repeated. "So? Your name?" I asked again, making her open her mouth to speak, her red lips parting. 

Just as I was about to get up, her small voice croaked out. "Alice." It was so quiet I thought I'd of imagined it. I grinned, giving Alice a toothy smile. After a moment I remembered to introduce myself. "Oh, I'm Giovanni." bearing my smile at her. I wanted to make some light conversation with her, try and figure out why she was here; Why such a young girl was all alone.

"So what brings you here?" I try to make my words as welcoming as possible, hoping she would be willing to talk; I didn't expect much to come from her mouth as she looked scared out of her wits by just being around me. Her honey brown eyes were flickering about the room, attempting to not land on mine or anyone else's in the room. A couple others were looking at the newcomer with suspicion, curiousness in their eyes, but one glare their ways and then no lingering eyes were in our direction anymore.

"Some issues at home." Alice kept her head down, her blonde hair circling her upper body as she spoke. My heart mourned for her already and I only knew her name; We'd had a few young girls run here from home, but even then, they were almost adults the majority of the time, around 17 or 18. This was no place for a kid in any way, too many people who could do wrong; The people here were mostly safe and were good people with bad situations but there were new people everyday so there's no way to keep track of the good and bad.

"How old are you, Alice?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going and also get some information on her. Her body caved into itself, shivering from the drafts of wind coming in through the gaps of the door and windows. Heat enclosed around us from the open kitchen in front of us, but the girl was bones, no skin to keep her warm. I shrugged my hoodie off, handing it over to her as she looked at me, biting on her lip and a thoughtful look on her face; She was blinded by her thoughts as she took the navy-blue jumper into her hands. "I'm turning 16 tomorrow." And once those little words came out from her lips in a soft spoken manner, she put her body through the holes of the cloth, pulling it over her. My heart sank at the new info, she was far too young to be out here on her own, and she was going to be alone for her birthday tomorrow, and alone on Christmas.

Alice pulled her Platinum-blonde hair out from the head hole that had it trapped, letting it flow in waves over her shoulders and covering my jumper that was now attached to her skinny body. Her face turned towards mine, eyes catching hold of mine for a second before looking down at her hands like they were the most interesting thing in this situation. "Thank you." Alice's voice came out in a small whisper, her voice croaky, breaking and a little smile curled at her lips. Her body shook as a shiver ran through her body, obviously still cold. Her small smirk was infectious and before I knew it, my lips rose slightly into a similar state as hers.

"Why don't I go and get you something to eat?" It wasn't a question and just as her lips parted to speak, I had already gotten up. A grin widened on my face, already knowing she was in a state of shock from my actions. I walked over to the counter that separated the kitchen to the cafeteria, looking at my friend working behind it and ordered a meal I thought Alice would like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed it.

A.V..✫*゚·゚。.☆.*。