Levi

The Don

Levi

He was a nuisance; The whole time I had a feeling he was playing us, betraying our trust, but Gio wouldn't let me do any damage. He kept stealing from me, taking advantage of my family's kindness we kept towards them again and again. Cousin or not, the bullet I put into his incompetent little brain serves him right. He made a mockery of me, and now I've made a mockery of him.

Rain shot down violently along the crowded roads, hammering the concrete pavement I walked on and splattering at my pointed leather shoes. Their watery shine flicking off at every step I made. My umbrella covered me front he harsh gusts of wind and rain attempting to falter my movements. The constant ring of the water falling down the drains echoed through my ears, it was loud but gentle, providing a warm calmness to wash over my anger. The pleasing sight and smell that filled my senses brought tranquility to my being, sedating the rage that was clung to my heart whenever I thought about the scene back in the alley.

The dark always seemed to bring me comfort in moments like this, the misery of the rain and dim clouds hovering in the sky always just made it all the more soothing; It always managed to cure a bad day. Winter always made this better, it was darker for longer and much earlier. The way the chilling rain drizzled and pattered from the sky; it was a beauty unmatched.

-

Soft light beamed from the end of the hallway, attracting my eyes as I hung my keys on the key rack besides the door. My heavy footsteps collapsed onto the dark oak floorboards and slugged to the kitchen down the hall with my shoulders hunched. In long strides, I reached the brightly lit kitchen with Giovanni and some young, blonde girl deep in conversation.

"Who's this?" I press, eyes squinting intimidatingly at the blonde sat on top the marble counter beside the sink.

"This is Alice. Alice, this is Levi." Giovanni spoke, addressing both of us. She refused to look my in the eye and held her sight low, but I searched her face, analysing the way her lips were thin and soft-looking; eyes of honey, softly swirling with sweetness, sticky with a child-like wonder; locks silky and swept behind her shoulders, slightly frizzy in its straight structure; her skin was light, porcelain doll-like, but slight blemishes and texture enhanced blushing pinks in her cheeks. She was pretty. 

A navy blue jumper hung baggily and a few sizes too large, eradicating any actual figure from eye as did her joggers too. No matter how covered up her body was, the sharp angled edges of her knees and elbows could be seen through the fabric. Cheekbones stood prominently at the top of her cheeks and her face looked hollow with circles bagging at her eyes.

"I thought you were gay"

Giovanni deadpanned me, his eyes bored with my comment and I would've walked out then and there if it wasn't for the curve of the girl's lips; her honey eyes lit up and her cheeks rose as her smile pushed them upwards  towards the purple bags sitting innocently on her face. Little wrinkled lines drew themselves on the skin around her eyes, the tip of her nose scrunching up. Her smile made me smile. She looked sweet, dripping in sugar and sweetness; it made no sense why she was standing here with Gio though. 

"I am. Landon literally said the same thing."

Silence bellowed throughout the kitchen as I kept my eyes over the girl, the girl who looked like she was bathed in sticky sweetness. Gio's eyes stuck on me, I could sense it ever so clearly, while her's had fallen upon the ground quite quickly and the pretty smile no where to be found. 

"So, are you going to explain why there's a random girl in our kitchen?" I let my voice sound out, getting a little bored with the silence. While I could probably stare at her for a lot longer, my older brother wasn't making me want to stay. Giovanni took a heavy sigh, eyes darting annoyance at me but I only kept my eyes on her. 

"Levi, this is Alice, she's going to be staying with us for a bit so don't be a prick." Giovanni bit.

"I promise I won't bother you," Her voice cut off as though she wanted to say more, but she didn't. Her voice was nice, pretty voice for a pretty girl, it was high but not annoying high and sounded pleasing to the ear. Her voice was honey. 

How could someone seem so perfect?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go, the chapters seem to just be getting shorter but I felt like this was a good point to end the chapter. feel free to comment if you wish. have a cool day.

A.V.✫*゚·゚。.☆.*。