𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

December 24th - 12:06am
.
.
.

"Jahseh?" Stokeley was beginning to get nervous. The clock had just hit 12 a few minutes ago and yet Jah was nowhere to be seen. Stokeley had taken his best friend to a Christmas party over at Gazzy's. They had fun and listened to music. Once it was nearing 12 Gazzy had everyone gather in the living room to count down the time until Christmas came. They were all going to give each other gifts. Stoke already gave his gifts to everyone, except Jahseh. When Stokeley couldn't find him anywhere in Gazzy's apartment, he figured he'd gone outside to breathe some fresh air. So there he was, in jeans and a hoodie, trembling in the cold with Jahseh's present gripped in his left hand. The snow seemed to come down harder.

"Jah! I'm not playin' no more! It's cold, dude!" Stokeley kept walking briskly, trying to warm up. He walked at least a block away from Gazzy's trying to find his friend. He ended up finding a small bridge that seemed to be out of use. He decided to look there. Jahseh always told him how much he likes things that are abandoned.

Stokeley remembered the day a few years ago when Jahseh took him to an old abandoned house he found in the woods. It was in fact, very ancient. Almost all the walls looked as if they were to fall over with the slightest wind. But Jahseh kept walking giddily around all the different rooms and hallways. Jahseh held up an old photograph of a family he found and showed it to Stokeley.

"Even though this place is like a lifeless soul, it still has so many memories and secrets that it left." He had said, a happy smile plastered on his face.

That was 5 years ago. They were only 16, simple-minded teenagers who thought they ruled the world. That was also when Stokeley found himself falling for Jah. Every time they would go out and explore different places that Jahseh managed to find Stokeley found himself noticing things about his friend he's never noticed before.

The way his eyes lit up when he looked up at the sky, day or night. The dimples that showed up when he smiled. The way his skin glowed when the sun hit it.

But his eyes don't shine anymore, his mouth doesn't produce laughs, and his skin doesn't seem to glow in the sun. Ever since he came out as gay to his mother, Stoke can't remember the last time Jahseh laughed. He became what seemed like an emotionless, dead, soul.

Stokeley was slowly taking steps onto the bridge. The snow made it slippery but he had a feeling Jah would be here. He tried to look at the area around him but all he saw was darkness.

"Jahseh? Vro, I'm serious. I'm freezing my ass off, where the hell are you?" He called. It was silent for a few moments, only the creaks of the wooden boards under him could be heard.

"Stoke?" A hushed voice spoke within the darkness. Stokeley immediately turned to the sound of his friend's voice.

"Jeez, Jah. Having me run out to find you in the freezing weather and all. Why would you come out here? It snowing like a bitch!" Stokeley chuckled but abruptly stopped when he heard a sniff.

"I'm sorry, Stoke-" Jah's voice broke off. Stokeley froze. Jahseh never expressed emotion. Especially sadness. Only then did he realize that his beloved friend was sitting up on the railing, legs facing the icy river below.

"J. . .Jah, what are you doing?" Jahseh let out a sob.

"I don't know." He choked out. Stokeley felt a surge of fear run through his body. He dropped the small box in his hand and launched himself towards his friend. He opened his arms and wrapped them around Jahseh's waist before tugging him back to the wooden boards and away from the edge.

"Stokeley!" Both men tumbled to the floor. Jahseh grunted as his back hit the cold wood. He gazed up at Stokeley who was on top of him, forearms on either side of his head. Jah felt a familiar warth make its way up to his heart, despite the bitter cold they were exposed to. Stokeley looked down at his friend. Tears pricked the sides of his eyes.

"Jah, what the hell were you thinking?!" He loudly scolded.

"I'm sorry. . .I wasn't thinking." Jah responded, mouvering his eyes to look away from his friend and instead focusing on the hem of his hoodie. It was lowered a bit from the tumble and Jah could see his collarbones.

"Like hell you weren't." Stokeley muttered. He felt the lump in his throat tighten. He knew Jahseh had depression problems but he never thought he would take it this far. He sighed and lowered himself to burry his head in the crook of Jah's neck, letting his tears flow freely.

Jahseh tensed. He felt wettness on his neck. Stokeley was crying.

.

.

.

A/N: ayyyy so that was the prologue. :,) kinda sad ik. But don't worry I intend to give the story a very happy ending. I'm only releasing this chapter bc I wanna see if people like it, if someone says something I'll gladly continue it. I jus want the publics' comments on it lol. lmk if you liked it and if I should continue it. :D