𝓽𝔀𝓸

Stokeley looked from his sandwich to Jah.  They had taken a break from cleaning so they could eat a quick lunch.

  "Hey, Jah?"  Stoke said.  Jahseh looked up from the sandwich he was eating.  He nodded his head symbolizing he was listening.  "Do you mind cleaning by yourself for a while?  I'm going over to Jarad's."  Stokeley took a moment to study Jahseh's face.  "I needed to ask him about something and I wanted to do it in person.  It's not like Jarad would answer his phone anyway."  Stokeley muttered the last part.  Jah shrugged.

  "Yeah, I don't mind."  Stokeley nodded and finished off his sandwich before dropping his paper plate into the trash.  He grabbed his lanyard that was hooked next to Jah's on the hooks they installed by the door.  

  "Well, I'll be back in a bit.  Don't throw a party or anything while I'm gone."  He joked, placing a hand on the doorknob.  Stokeley glanced back at Jah, hoping to some sort of reaction out of him.  A smile, a chuckle, or anything really.  All he got was a small hum as Jahseh placed his plate in the trash and grabbed his cleaning rag off the counter.  Stoke swallowed the disappointment he felt and opened the apartment door.  Once he was outside he let out a small huff.  Of course, Jahseh wasn't going to laugh.  He never laughed.  All Stoke could ever get out of him these days was a simple smiled every now and then.  But when he did manage to make his best friend smile,  it was as if his whole world was shining.  It made him so happy knowing he was the reason behind that gorgeous lift of his lips.

  Stokeley walked down the apartment complex hallway and pressed his finger to the down arrow next to the elevator.  He waited for a short moment before the doors slid open.  Stoke was about to walk in when he quickly stopped.  He had almost run into someone.

  "Oh, shit.  I'm so sorry,  I wasn't paying attention. . ."  His voice became quieter and eventually cut off.  In front of him was a girl.  She had blonde hair and white skin.  With eyes a deep enough blue to match the ocean.  She looked startled.  Stokeley opened his mouth to apologize again but was cut off when she talked.

  "It's alright.  I wasn't paying attention either."  She smiled.  It seemed slightly over-exaggerated.   Stoke smiled back and stepped to the side so she could move past him.  But she didn't.  Instead, she kept talking.  "Do you live on this floor?"  She asked.  Her voice was more on the higher side.  It was just the slightest bit annoying.

  "Uh,  yeah.  I do."  Stoke answered.  He shifted slightly on his feet.  The girl tilted her head to the side.  She bit her lip slightly and brought a hand up to mess with her hair.

  "Really?  What's your room number?"  Stokeley felt his insides twist.

  "555."  He replied.  He wanted the conversation to end here.  For this girl to let him by so he could go.  Talk to Jarad and come back home to Jah.  The girl's face practically lit up.

  "No way!  I just moved in yesterday.  Room 554."  She exclaimed.  We're neighbors.  Stokeley realized in horror.  He immediately felt bad.  She may not be as annoying as she seems.

  "Cool."  Stokeley managed to croak out.  He stepped forwards but she held out her arm.

  "Oh, wait before you go.  I didn't catch your name."  Stokeley sighed quietly in desperation.

  "Stokeley."  He said quickly.  He just wanted to get on this damn elevator.

  "I like that name.  Mine's Minerva."  Stoke gave her a strained smile and pushed her arm off of him.

  "Nice to meet you.  I gotta go now."  Minerva seemed to shiver at Stokeley's touch.

  "Oh, defiantly.  My bad.  I'll see you around?"  Stokeley gave a curt nod and finally stepped into the elevator.  Minerva smiled and brushed past him.  She gave him one last smile over the shoulder before walking down the hallway he just came from.  Making sure to sway her hips as much as possible.  The elevator doors slide shut and Stoke let out an exasperated sigh.