-Suspicious

House: 🐍
Year: anything above third

Draco Malfoy and I have always been close, best friends at least. Our families know each other very well and our mothers were good friends during their times at school.

Draco has barely ever shown affection, he thinks it looks cringe, to which I agree but that doesn't stop me if you're my best friend. He's only ever done as much as a 'bro hug' with Blaise or Theo.

We had gotten so close over the past few months and we were both happier, it was definitely beginning to show in our moods.

The usual group of us, including pansy, Blaise, Theo, Draco and I, were seated at the end of the Slytherin table closest to the great hall entrance enjoying our dinner ready for the rest of the evening to relax in the common room.

I was extremely exhausted today after trying out for the chaser position on our Quidditch team and a lack of sleep last night and I was beginning to feel tired. Casually, I rested my head on Draco's shoulder as I lazily popped a piece of tomato from my salad into my mouth.

The others were engaged in a conversation about merlin knows what and I felt a cold hand rest on my thigh before they began stroking their thumb, slowly in a comforting way. I smiled to myself as I picked up my pumpkin juice and sipped it slowly.

I could see Pansy looking at me across the table as if waiting for me to give her some sort of signal but I just ignored her and pretended to listen to their conversation.

Back in the common room the four of us, all except Theo who was off somewhere with his new Ravenclaw 'girl companion', were sitting in the common room doing nothing but relaxing in one another's presence and I was reading the new book that Draco had found me in the library after me searching for it forever.

I was surprised he even remembered that I wanted it because I know he has no interest in reading yet he remembered everything I told him of the book.

Draco was sitting in the middle of the couch and I was laying down with my thighs draped over his lap whilst he not-so-discreetly traced circles on them with his fingers.

Pansy and Blaise were making an early start to their transfiguration homework because for some reason Mcgonagall hates our guts.

I was halfway through a really juicy chapter when unexpectedly, the book was snatched from my hands and held in the air by a certain Blondie.

"No!" I whined, instantly sitting up.

Draco chuckled lowly and smirked as I frowned at him, giving him a death glare yet I couldn't help but smile the slightest bit.

"Give it to me now," I yelled, reaching up for it. He moved his arm from in the air to the opposite side of the couch and without thought, I jumped over him so that I was now sprawled over him with my arm out grabbing for the book.

Draco carried on chuckling and I turned my half-smile into a fake frown as I crossed my arms and stood up pretending to be in a tantrum.

I turned around to walk off but Draco quickly grabbed my wrist, leading to me spinning around and he handed me the book back with a smirk.

I snatched it back as the corners of my mouth twitched up and huffed as I sat back down again, with my thighs over his lap again.

"Idiot" I mumbled.

He turned his head to me with raised brows.

"I hate you so much," I said, trying to find my page again.

"No, you don't"

"Shut up"

"Ok, what is going on? You two are being weird. You're like- flirting" Blaise said, motioning between the two of us and making a weird hand gesture on the word 'flirting'

"Ew, like I would ever!" I exclaimed.

"You're right. She's obsessed with me" Draco fake rolled his eyes. I shook my head smiling as I went back to my book.

Later on, Pansy had gone up to her dorm and Blaise had left not long after to go shower so Draco and I assumed he wasn't coming back.

I put my book down, smiling as I sat up and flipped my knee over Draco, straddling him.

His hands moved to my waist as he smiled at me in return.

"Almost got figured out" I whispered.

"Almost" Draco smirked as he leaned in to kiss me, his hands on my hips firmly. My arms went around his neck as I played with his hair and deepened the kiss.

"When should we tell them?" I mumbled into his neck.

"What the..." came a voice, startling me.

"Oh my god" I said, wide eyed as I looked at Blaise stood near the boys stairs with a shocked expression.

I hid my face in my hands and buried them into Draco's chest in embarrassment.

"So what's this then?" Said Blaise, motioning between us.

"Well what does it look like, Zabini?" Said Draco sarcastically.

"So how long has this been... a thing?"

Draco shrugged as I heard Blaise chuckled. I looked up from my hands to see him burst out laughing like a maniac.

I gave Draco a look and he just rolled his eyes.

"I knew it. Well, Goodnight" Blaise yelled as he walked out.

I turned around and sighed in relief that that was over. Draco chuckled lowly as he lay down on the couch, bringing me with him.

"Well now we don't have to pretend" he said tiredly.

"I guess" I smiled as I lay down on is chest with his arms around my waist.

I kissed his cheek sweetly and closed my eyes before he kissed my forehead and whispered, "Goodnight love"