Sleeping bag.

House: 🐍
Year: it doesn't really matter.

Draco Malloy and I were extremely close, everyone knew it. Ever since I had moved to Hogwarts this year we just got closer and closer. We had met in potions class during the beginning of this year when Professor Snape himself had gotten an ingredient wrong and me, the new girl, corrected him in front of everybody. I guess Draco was impressed by that and from then we had become best friends.

But that was the problem, we were best friends. However, there was no denying that there was something between us even if that just means casual flirting or Draco getting protective over me.

It was kind of embarrassing actually, knowing that it was probably all completely platonic bantering on Draco's side but for me, I could not say the same. Sure, he was protective over me and sure, he showed that he somewhat cared somehow and he definitely had a soft spot for me but still, there was a thought in the back of my head and it hurt knowing the feelings were one sided.

Everybody had to meet in the great hall with their sleeping bags as soon as possible because one of the paintings had reported sight of Sirius Black, an alleged mass murderer. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't a little scared over the fact that there could be a serial killer roaming the castle.

I was searching my dorm for anything I could use as a sleeping bag and only found an old, yellow blanket that must have been years old. I sighed and grabbed it from under my bed, this will have to do.

I grabbed my glasses from the side of my bed and skipped down the girls stairs to meet everyone in the common room.

"Are you ready to go?" Said Blaise. I smiled and nodded as we all walked down the corridors to the great hall. Draco and I walked in front side by side whilst everyone else was a little far behind, whispering and giggling at whatever.

We finally arrived at the great hall and were some of the first ones there so we all set up our pillows, blankets and sleeping bags in the back corner away from everyone else. Pansy, Daphne, and Blaise were on the right side of the hall and Draco, Theo and I were opposite them. Pansy suggested we play never have I ever to pass some time since none of us thought to bring books or anything.

"I'll go first. Never have I ever cheated on someone" she said proudly. Everyone put a finger down, unsurprisingly and I found myself with my eyes specifically on Draco.

"Blaise, you next" said Theo.

"Ok, uh-" he mumbled, scanning the group before his eyes lit up and he sent a mischievous grin towards Pansy and Daph. "Never have I ever liked somebody romantically in this friend group" he smirked.

Daphne giggled as she put a finger down along with Pansy and Blaise and it was only Draco, Theo and I left.
My heart was racing and I was having a mental battle with myself wether to put a finger down or not.

What if he catches on?

What if everyone else does?

He's going to put a finger down anyway.

But he didn't. And neither did i. I looked up at Draco questionably and then over to Theo who was on the other side of him. Theo shrugged as Blaise eyed him up suspiciously.

"Theo?" Daphne chuckled.

He shrugged and made eye contact with me and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I had an interest in y/n when she first moved" he said nonchalantly.

My eyes went wide as I scanned everyone: Pansy and Daphne were trying to hold in their giggles, Blaise was smirking and Draco was just looking at Theo blankly.

"Do you still have an interest in her?" Asked Blaise.

"Nah" Theo smiled.

"What about you two" said Pansy with a huge grin on her face.

Draco and I both shrugged simultaneously earning smug smirks from the rest.

I was beginning to grow tired and I had suggested we all lay down and try to go to sleep soon since we have school in the morning. I climbed under my yellow fleece blanket and took my black glasses off, setting them aside.

We all whispered good night's to each other and I lay down facing the ceiling. I began to grow cold and I could feel goosebumps beginning to rise on my arms since I was just wearing a tank top and some plaid pyjama pants.

"Hey" came a whisper. I turned my head to see Draco sitting up slightly, facing me and resting his head on his hand with a tired smile on his lips.

"Hi" I smiled, copying his actions.

"Are you cold?" he said, motioning over to my bumpy arms.

"Oh, yeah a bit. I'm gonna go and ask Dumbledore if he has a spare sleeping bag" I said, climbing out of my blanket.

"Professor?" I whispered at the tall bearded man, stood near the entrance of the hall.

"Ah, Miss L/n. Is everything alright?" Dumbledore asked calmly, his hands entwined at his torso.

"Yes, I was just wondering if there are any spare sleeping bags, I have a blanket but it's still a little cold" I asked quietly.

"Oh dear, I'm afraid there aren't. I could fetch Professor Snape to go and find one?" He said, crossing his arms.

"No, it's alright. Thank you" I smiled, going back to my place.

As I arrived back at my spot, my Blanket had gone and all that was left were my glasses and my pillow. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Draco who just rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"Where's my stuff?" I asked the group. Pansy and Daphne were giggling under there breaths which gave me an idea of where it had gone. I rolled my eyes and huffed as I rubbed my arms up and down with my hands.

"C'mon Pans, can I have my stuff now? I'm freezing" I sighed tiredly.

"I don't know what your talking about" she said seriously. I dropped my arms to my sides in a huff as I rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood for this.

"Here, share with me" Draco offered, patting the spot he had made for me in his black double sized sleeping bag.

"Really?" I whispered, not really expecting it.

He motioned over to himself with a soft smile on his face as I smiled back thankfully and lay down beside him, stuffing my legs in the sleeping back as they brushed against Draco's.

"How about you join me in my sleeping bag y/n?" Teased Theo. I mentally scoffed at his immature behaviour.

"Shut it, Nott" Draco growled as he wrapped his arm comfortably around my waist, so that we were cuddled up. My back was pressed against his chest and I could feel his slow breaths on my neck.

"Thank you" I whispered, glancing over my shoulder.

"Of course" Draco replied with his eyes closed.

And then, the two of us drifted into a peaceful nights sleep.