Chapter 1: Meeting Josh

Y/N=your name

You walk down to the beach after a long day of moving in, it's around 7 pm and the sun is setting as you walk along the beach. The waves crash against the shore making a loud but calming sound. You've been walking for around an hour now and your getting a bit tired. You keep walking along the shore keeping your eyes open for a bench. After around 15 more minutes of walking you finally found a bench at this point you are pretty tired, you start walking closer and realize there's a basketball court beside it. You see i group of men playing basketball together. You sit down on the bench and watch the group of men play basketball, someone particular catches your eye. He looks around 5,9, his head is shaved, he has hazel eyes that you can't help but get lost in them. But best of all his smile, his smile was the most amazing thing you've ever seen.

You sit and stay on the bench and watch the mystery man play basketball with his friends. It's like your in a trance, you can't keep your eyes off him. You watch him steal the ball from one of his friends and starts to dribble the ball towards the opposite teams net. He jumps up in the air and shoots at the net. The ball bounces off the rim and hits the ground. "God damn it!" You smile and start laughing a bit, he turns around and smiles at you. You can't help but blush. A few hours go by and you are about to leave because your getting cold. You get up and turn around to start walking home as you feel a light tap on your shoulder. You turn around to see the mystery man. "He's even more handsome close up." You think, your stomach is doing flips.

"Hey, my names Joshua." he said. You sit there emotionless for around 5 seconds processing what just happened. "I'm y/n. Nice to meet you Joshua." You can feel yourself blushing and start to panic l. You look down at your feet but when you look up you see that Joshua is blushing too. "Well i've got to get home, nice meeting you." You turn around to walk home and realize you have no clue where the hell you are. You turn back around and say. "Uhm do you know where Apple Ave is. I just moved here?" You say embarrassed. "Ya i live right by there i can walk you home." Joshua said. "Omg did he really just say that?" You think. "Sounds good ." You smile.

You and Joshua have been walking for almost an hour, just talking back and forth. There was something about him that was comforting, you just could t quite figure out what it was. Around 10 minutes later we got to my house, i was sad i had to part with him. "Thank you so much for walking me home." You say smiling. He looks at you and says "Thanks for letting me walk you home. Also here's my number in case you want someone to show you around." You both start blushing, you walk to the front door of your apartment building. You turn around to Josh smile and wave goodbye, he does the same. You get changed into your pjs and brushed your teeth. As you wash your face you think about Joshua. You haven't been able to get him off your mind since you got home. You get into bed and read your book,  you slowly doze off..

word count: 607