Chapter 4: Basketball

Y/N=your name

after you both finish your meals you get back into josh's car. "that was delicious!" you explain. "i know it's my favorite place to go for lunch" he says. "thank for taking me." you look at him blushing. he looks at you and smiles. "anytime love" he says. he drops you off back at your apartment and says "see you at 6 at the basketball court". you wave at him as he drives away. "he's so sweet" you whisper as you walk into the building. once you get inside you lay on your bed and think about what just happened. you feel a smile appear on your face. as you get back up you realize the time. "oh shit i need to get ready!" you change into a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt. you look at your phone 6:07 "oh shit i'm late" as you rush outside. you walk quickly to the basketball court hoping that josh won't be mad. after walking for a few minutes your able to see the court. you smile. as you open the gate to the court josh turns around and smiles. "there you are y/n!" you smile. "hey josh sorry i'm a little late.." a few of josh's friends turn around and look at you. "oooo is this the person you were just talking about?" one of them says. you start to blush. "shut up marric." he says. he laughs awkwardly. you sit on a bench and watch them play for a while. your just about asleep when josh yells your name. "hey y/n, wanna come play with us?" you look up and see josh along with all of his friends looking at you. you blush "uh i don't know i'm not very good at basketball.." you explain. "it's alright, you have to start somewhere." he smiles. you smile back. "alright, i'll try." you stand up and wipe the sand off your butt. you slowly walk over. a guy with a orange beanie and a beard hands you the ball. as you get ready to shoot at the hoop you can feel your hands start to get sweaty. you take a deep breath, and shoot! you watch impatiently as the ball spins around the rip of the hoop. you look around at everyone and look back at the ball. as it falls in you feel your body relax. "good job y/n!" josh says. "ya that was pretty good." another person says. you smile.

word count: 425 words