CHARM

"Eva, get up!"

The woman groaned as she felt a pair of hands tug on her ankles. She clutched the mattress tighter to stop Daniel from pulling her out of the bed.

"You can't sleep all day!"

"Watch me, Danny boy."

He huffed and dropped her ankles, "Don't call me that."

She curled back up and pulled the blanket over her arms again. She heard him walk away as Henley came in.

The woman gently shook her shoulders and brushed the hair out of her face.

"Come on, girlie. We got work to do."

Eva groaned, "It's the weekend!"

"I doubt the Eye cares about your work schedule," she heard Merritt mutter.

She yanked on the pillow beside her and threw it at him. He dodged it and left the doorway to avoid any projectiles.

"We need you to get supplies for us," Henley pushed.

"Have Jack do it."

"The both of you are doing it."

She groaned again and buried her face in the pillow.

At the mention of his name, Jack cautiously poked his head in through the doorway. He waited for her to throw something at him but she didn't.

"If you come with me, we can get breakfast," he offered shyly.

She slowly lifted her head off the pillow and looked back at him.

"There's a really great donut shop around the corner," he stated.

She narrowed her eyes at the obvious trick. And as much as she wanted to stay in bed, she wanted food more. They hadn't had the chance to eat dinner last night since Danny burnt the pizza.

She grumbled under her breath and literally rolled herself out of bed. She walked past Jack and made her way to the bathroom in the hallway to freshen up.

"Henley! Do you have clothes?" she shouted.

The woman knocked a few moments later with fresh clothes in her hands, "I figured you'd need these. We need to go shopping soon."

"No kidding."

Eva took the clothes and left the door open as she brushed her teeth. She moved out into the hall and leaned on the wall as the group waited in the kitchen.

"If only Danny had given us time to pack some of our things-"

"I told you, we needed to leave as soon as possible," he interrupted.

"So soon that we couldn't even pack?"

She scoffed and moved back to the bathroom to spit out her toothpaste. She finished brushing her teeth and began to put on the clothes Henley gave her.

Apparently, the woman had an extra bag in her car when they left. Eva didn't even have a car. So for their week of traveling, she'd been stealing and borrowing clothes.

She made sure her appearance was okay before walking out. She brushed past Merritt and flicked the rim of his hat. He rolled his eyes in mild annoyance but had been accustomed to the action she'd been doing every morning.

She grabbed her worn out jacket from the table and walked past Jack, who held the door open.

"I haven't given you the list yet!" Danny shouted.