PLAYING TRICKS ON A FOOL

"Henley, we're getting arrested, not going to a photoshoot."

The woman scoffed and continued to brush blush onto Eva's cheeks, "If they take mugshots, you need to look nice."

Eva rolled her eyes and dodged Henley's attempts at putting more makeup on her. She moved over to the section of the floor between Merritt's couch and Jack's chair. She leaned her back against the couch frame.

Jack reached down and handed her card. She briefly glanced at it before he put it back in the deck. She watched as he shuffled the deck.

The whole day he'd been trying to perfect a card trick she'd shown him. He was still epically failing because he tried to shuffle again and the deck went flying out of his hands.

The cards reigned down and landed around her. She laughed and gestured to the mess, "Funny enough, I still don't see my card."

He scoffed and nudged her with his foot. She bit her bottom lip to keep in another retort as he picked up the cards.

As he did so, she threw her head back against the couch, "How long will it take for the FBI to arrest us?"

On cue, the door to their fancy apartment was kicked down. Several agents poured in and pointed their guns at them.

"Hands up!" the leader shouted.

They all lazily looked up at the surrounding cops. Except for Merritt, who didn't even bother to stop reading his book.

Eva and Jack unimpressively glanced at the cops. Danny pretended to look shocked.

"That was convenient timing," he stated.

"Almost like magic," Eva joked.

The cops came to escort them out the door with their hands behind their backs. Merritt finally put his book down and gave them peace signs. Henley came from upstairs, heaving her heavy suitcase down.

"Hey guys!" she greeted with a pearly white smile on display, "Do you mind giving us a hand with our bags?"

--

All of the magicians were put into separate rooms. And even though they were prepared, it didn't make any of them less nervous. But they played it off pretty damn well.

Eva was the last to be interviewed since Agent Dylan Rhodes simply didn't have the strength to deal with her first. He'd been told by his colleagues that she was annoyingly chatty and witty. Which was intentional because she wanted to scare away any other agents who attempted to talk to her.

Once he walked in the room with his female partner, Eva sat straighter and eagerly leaned forward.

"You know, I asked for a donut awhile ago. Do you guys not have them or-"

"Okay, listen kid," Dylan snapped, "I've already dealt with your other friends. Quite frankly, I'm not in the mood to decipher all the bullshit that comes out of your mouth."

She raised her eyebrows in shock.

"So here's what you're gonna tell me: I wanna know how you robbed that bank and why."

Eva lazily grinned, "First of all, we didn't rob anything."

"We know you did," he countered.

"Do you?" she asked rhetorically. She scoffed as her eyes twinkled with amusement, "Because if you actually knew we did it, then you wouldn't need to know how. But since you don't know how, that means you have no evidence to use against us to prove that we actually did."