❃.✮:▹✤9✤◃:✮.❃

y/n stood at the door of the pet shop with her back resting on the doorframe as she patiently waited for the clock to hit six. she was beyond excited, ecstatic for the dinner that was to soon be awaiting her.

uraraka would be coming over for dinner, not only with y/n herself but with y/n's sweet grandmother.

said woman was cheerfully cooking away in the upstairs kitchen, feet tapping as she hummed a classical song while popping a pie in the oven.

finally 6:00 rolled around and y/n turned to open sign to closed before joining her grandmother in the kitchen, helping her prepare a bit before getting distracted by her phone.

a couple hundred feet away was a stressed uraraka. hands in her hair as she tugged at her roots while squinting her eyes shut.

she'd be meeting one of the most important people in who she hoped to be her future girlfriends life, what was she meant to do pretend she wasn't effected by what this woman could possibly think of her?

she tried to calm down, she'd texted y/n and asked a casual question like what she should wear which made her nerves calm down. whenever she would talk, text, or even think of the girl who had stolen her heart she could do nothing but wish for a happy future for them both.

she really admires her, she hopes for the best to come out of tonight so she can continue to live her time in the presence of such a genuinely amazing person.

but a knock at her door made her jump.

"uraraka, you're getting ready right?" she could tell her classmates were happy for her, especially mina. the pink girl had been hyping her up ever since she'd heard about uraraka's dinner plans which relieved some stress from her friend.

"yeah! i'm almost done!" uraraka replied, she was lying through her teeth. clothes scattered her room and shoes were tossed around like dolls as the brown haired girl laid amongst the mess.

she could hear mina sigh, "yeah right!", was what she got back before her door was forcefully opened and the pink girl grimaced at the messy state of her friend's room. "you must have it bad if you can't figure out an outfit." mina said, plopping down next to uraraka as the girl sighed. she got a nod before continuing, "i know you wanna make a good impression, meeting family is stressful shit and i get that. tell me what you were thinking when you trashed your room."

uraraka stretched and sat up, looking around at the mess with sadness she began, "what if i wear something that her grandma doesn't like? what if i look like i just got done shopping at justice-"

"ok that's where i'll stop you because i literally look like what justice would be if it was a person." mina said, getting a small laugh from uraraka, "now, personally, i think you always look great. and from what i've heard, y/n compliments you a ton so i'm sure she'll love whatever you wear because you're you." mina took uraraka's hands in her own and gave the girl a serious look. "listen, no matter what this lady thinks of what you wear you'll still be loved by y/n. just wear something you like, something that makes you feel confident, and strut your stuff."

uraraka nodded, smile spreading on her cheeks as they both giggled and hugged. "my little baby is gonna meet the grandma! she's gonna met the family and the next thing you'll know she'll be off to college!" mina cried out, laughing through her fake tears as she wiped them away and smiled at her friend once again. "seriously though, you're like a sister to me. if you ever need to talk, whether it's about girls or not, i'm here." she says, getting a small whine from her friend.

"mina, i wish all baby gays had friends like you." she hugged the pink girl once more before stepping back and looking down at her clothes.

"yeah, i'm pretty great." mina said sarcastically and with a small laugh, bending down to pick up a black skirt and holding it up to uraraka. "i wanna be a stylist today so just take some time to breathe and momma mina will take care of the rest alright?"

"ok, and thank you, mina." uraraka said, face shifting to a confused but amused one swiftly. "earlier you said something about me going to college, you know we're in hero school right?" she asked, getting a long sigh from mina.

"i have too many kids alright?" she said off handedly, tossing the skirt onto her friends lap.

"i'm pretty sure all your kids are in our class." she said, mood becoming brighter when biscuit walked in and looked around. "hi, biscuit!" she called, tiptoeing around mina who was now sat in the mess of clothes.

mina looked at her friend as she picked up the small bulldog, big happy smile and calm energy. she smirked, returning to digging around as she spoke. "you should bring biscuit along, i mean they own a pet shop. i'm sure bring along a dog would get you in good with her grandma." uraraka thought about it and nodded along,

"maybe, i'll get ready and if he's still awake i'll take he with."

...

y/n rushed to the door when she got a text from uraraka, hearing her grandma giggling in the kitchen at the sight of her rushing down to the door made her eyes roll.

she opened the door to see uraraka in a black skirt, a light pink blouse and some cute shoes with ruffled socks. she looked like the definition of cute, especially with the bulldog lazily laying in her arms.

"you guys are adorable." she was almost at a loss for words, when she saw the girl in front of her blush and look away smiling slightly she felt proud of herself for making her blush so easily.

"you look pretty cute too." uraraka commented, getting y/n to laugh quietly before inviting her in.

"i'm guessing you're nervous?" she said, getting a small nod of the brown haired girl. "don't worry, my grandma will love you. she's the type of person to that loves everyone unless they give her a reason not to." y/n shrugged, getting a shaky sigh from the girl next to her.

"what if i give her a reason?" uraraka asked, y/n looked down to her, eyes scanning her obviously nervous form before placing a hand on her shoulder.

she got uraraka to look up at her, they both held each other's stare before y/n squeezed her shoulder and chuckled, "trust me on this, she knows how much you mean to me, that's already enough to keep you off of her bad side."

♡*( ͡˘̴ ͜ ʖ̫ ͡˘̴ )*♡

a/n: hello.... i hope you enjoyed also i'm genuinely sorry if anything seems repetitive, i haven't written for this story in a while so i'm sort of figuring out what i had planned for it ♡ love you