10: The Picture

Clair-

"It's okay, I'm here." 

Those words, those are the ones I've wanted to hear for so long. But now, I wish they were said in a different situation. 

"Billie, she was my baby, and he took her away from me!" I scream.

Billie comes to me, and pulls me into her arms. I fall to the ground, leaning on her. My back to her front. I cry uncontrollably. Not being able to handle the pain the death brings me. 

I feel faint, dizzy. 

"Hey, its okay. Calm down before you make yourself pass out." She tightens her hold. 

Billie-

Clair's voice, her crying and yelling. All hold pain, and you can hear it. It breaks my heart, I was a mother. And I never got to meet her. 

"Here." 

I look down at Clair, and she's holding a picture. 

"A picture of me?" I question. 

"They gave her a picture of you the day before she died. Watch." 

Clair pulls out her phone and clicks a few things before handing it to me. Its was like a recording of a security camera. And it shows a warehouse, with Clair and Ivy sitting in a corner, with men that have guns surrounding them. 

Suddenly a huge pile of pictures are dumped on top of Clair and Ivy. 

"There, Ivy gets to see her other mommy before her death." One laughs. 

Clair starts looking through them, you can hear her hold on a cry. I don't think she was ready to see me yet. 

But Ivy on the other hand had a smile on her face while she looked through them. 

"Mama! Look, I like this one. she looks beautiful." She smiled while showing Clair. 

"yeah." 

Ivy hugs the picture then lays down on Clair's lap. 

Then the video ends. 

"That's the picture." Clair points to the picture next to me. 

I pick it up and realize its the one with my braids and hoops on. I hate this picture. I had silver hair, and a green-ish, grey shirt on. 

But the hate for the picture has gone down. 

I hear a thud, and look over to see Clair on the ground completely, shaking violently. 

"Turn her on her side!" My mom yells, and so I do.