Chapter Thirteen

The improvised "Man-Monster Summit" soon came to a close. The party that attended the event had more or less left for their home, except for a few of them that decided to stay a bit longer. We then moved to the topic at hand, our war against Clayman. We were waiting on Souei's report on his findings of Clayman's force.

'Phew... no matter which world it is, having a conference with big shots makes you feel tense,' Rimuru said with relief as he reverted to his slime form.

'Oh, yeah, you were a slime, weren't you,' Ramiris commented.

'Yup, this was the first time I showed it to you, Ramiris?' said Rimuru. 'So, you will tell us about it, right? About Walpurgis.'

'It was originally just some sort of tea party, a gathering for only me, Guy, and Milim,' Ramiris began as she took a bite of a cookie that was served to her. 'Ever since then, the kids that became Demon Lords ended up joining us until eventually, it became a venue where disputes were settled with a majority vote. And then, a thousand years ago, the term "Walpurgis" became widely spread among humans. Well, during that time, it was a time where the great war was causing a lot of mayhem and from the perspective of the humans, the Demon Lords gathering to discuss something was a bad omen.'

'Oh, the war between angels and demons?' Rimuru wondered idly.

'Yeah, wow, you know your roots. The Great Tenma War occurs every 500 years,' said Ramiris.

'Hey, then that means, soon, great war-' Rimuru was about to ask.

'We'll get there when we get there. Right now, clear and present, it's this banquet,' I stated. 'So, Ramiris? What's the pretext of the banquet?'

'Uhmm, Clayman initiated the banquet because he claimed that Demon Lord Karion had betrayed everyone. Not only that, but Clayman is also going to press the issue that his subordinate Myulan was murdered,' Ramiris said. 'It's odd isn't it, he submitted the claim to subjugate you and this god.'

'Proud race of Beastman betraying a comrade in arms? Seems kind of a stretch. He's walking on a thin strand of hair for a bridge to his victory here,' I said. 'They already sent me our invitation to the banquet. This is our chance, Rimuru.'

'Wait a minute, who sent you the invitation? This is only for the Demon Lords, you know. Small fry like yourself would get killed there,' said Ramiris.

'That old Demon Lord, I knew him as Rogue, I believe he called himself Crimson nowadays. Don't worry, I can hold myself well in battle,' I said. 'I am immensely curious of this Clayman character and I would very much like to meet the person that had been troubling Jura Tempest during the absence of Veldora. That said, if we didn't go to this banquet, there's no telling whether the other Demon Lords would act on their own to waste their time interrupting our daily lives.'

'But won't it be dangerous?' Shuna voiced. 'As Nyx-sama had aptly put, we cannot be certain that there are no enemies other than Clayman. The thought of you two going to such a place...'

'Shuna-chan, did you forget about my promise? I will be the one to protect you all from the Demon Lords. Be it the king of demons or the small fry of a fairy. They all will bow before me,' I fiercely determined. 'It's high time that I claimed my rightful place. I finally have a home now and I'd like to protect it with my life.'

'Rightful place?' Ramiris wondered.

'Oh, you didn't know? I am your boss, Nyx Nova,' I explained and the look of shock on her face looked so much like something had clicked pause on her life.

'Ehehehehe, Rimuru, this old man, he's bluffing, right?' Ramiris turned to Rimuru.

'You Demon Lords have a dedicated channel to coordinate your actions during Tenma Wars, right? How about you contact Guy Crimson and ask him about me,' I urged before she turned to the Archdoll who held up a magic crystal and she channeled her magic power to said crystal.