Chapter Fifteen

We've returned safely to Tempest. All of the events surrounding Clayman had ended. We're left with a couple of unresolved issues that we didn't have any clues to divulge further. One of which was who was the Moderate Clown Troupe Alliance's employer. That Lord that Clayman mentioned wasn't the presumed dead Kazaream, otherwise, he should have mentioned it with affection since he was Cursed King's subordinate. But for a subordinate of a Demon Lord to be hired by someone to mess with the Demon Lords themselves, the reward for the said task must be at the highest price, say, the revival of Kazaream. Which, all in all, there was still someone else that we should be worried about. Another thing that we Tempest should pay more attention to now was the Western Saint Church. That was the loose end that we needed to tie up if we wanted the event that led to Rimuru's awakening to come to a close. Well, let's worry about it at a later date, in the meantime, let's rest for a bit.

'Welcome back, Rimuru-sama, Nyx-sama!' Rigurdo immediately greeted us as soon as we're back from the banquet.

Congratulations on becoming a member of the Nyx Nova's Octagram! We are most thankful for your safe return!' said Diablo.

'Huh? How did you know about that?' Rimuru wondered, bashful for the comments.

'Very simple, Rimuru-sama. I asked a favor of Nyx-sama,' said Diablo, and Rimuru turned to me for details.

'He was jealous for not being picked to go to the banquet with you. So he promised to not bug me with that cheesy expression of affection of his for a few months in exchange for relaying the events to him,' I explained.

'I understand that there were a few dicey moments here and there. I am glad that you're both safe,' said Diablo.

'Oh, it is what it is, I worked under Nyx now,' Rimuru admitted.

'Rimuru, you should know better, I have no interest in that part of a profession,' I grumbled.

'As it was destined, Tenma Wars will be upon us someday and you'll have to lead us,' Rimuru stated.

'I know,' I sighed at the mention of that war, 'it's just, it's been so long.'

'Have you fulfilled your duty as Rimuru-sama's bodyguard?' Diablo demanded from Shion.

'Most certainly!' she confidently answered. 'It has been proven that as long as I'm around, you are simply unnecessary. I should be the one to question you about the progress of the mission assigned to you by Rimuru-sama.'

'Kufufufufufu, it has proceeded without a flaw. In fact, I was just about to report back to Rimuru-sama myself,' Diablo replied.

'You two, behave yourselves!' Rimuru chided them.

'That's right. Rimuru-sama and Nyx-sama must be tired as well. Haruna and the rest have been preparing food. Let's relax for now and come back to this conversation later,' said Rigurdo. The feast will have to wait though, we have to wind things down first as the atmosphere in the city was tense due to the efforts placed by the people to protect the city during their major fighters' absence from the city. I took the moment to dispel my barrier and paced around together with Rimuru. With our complete victory against Clayman, Rimuru will be focusing on building a new kingdom on Youmu's side and how to deal with the Western Saint Church. Also, this will be the issue of our future relations with Milim's combined territory; Beast Kingdom Yuurazania, Harpy Kingdom Fulbrosia, and to my surprise, Dragon Worshippers that worship my dear goddaughter. This one however could be solved diplomatically, that's a relief.

'So, what is it that you are doing now?' Rimuru asked Diablo. 'Eliminating Farmas Kingdom and crowning Youmu as the new King, you dropped the mission and returned, do you need any reinforcements?'