Chapter 2 - Eyes in the back

Midoriya's pov

It had now been a week since the kid had met the young man in the park. He thought he'd be more comfortable after a day or two but he just couldn't seem to get that guy's voice out of his head. The way he had said his name was unsettling to say the least and the fact that he actually knew it to begin with was even worse.

Izuku sighed and leaned back in his chair. Class was almost over and so were the rest of the school day. He just couldn't bring himself to focus on these lessons anymore.

As to not worry his protective mother he decided not to tell her about what happened in the park. That went for the bullying as well.

When Midoriya had been younger he had of course told his mom that his classmates were teasing him for being quirkless. But as the years went by he talked less and less about it. By now his poor mother probably thought he was doing fine with the other kids.
That's why he always lied about bruises or any type of scrapes he received at school. The greenette had never been a good liar but his smile had always been enough to reassure those who looked out for him.

The ring of the bell startled him from his thoughts as everyone else quickly put their stuff away. The teacher seemed more than happy to dissmiss all his students and even rushed out of the classroom himself.

Still sitting in his seat Midoriya waited for it to be less crowded before putting away his history books. There was a few other students who stayed behind as well but he didn't give them much thought. His eyes had yet again traveled towards the widows on the other wall.

The boy hadn't told anyone as he himself just believed it to be paranoia, but recently he's had the distinct feeling of being watched. Eyes boring into him the second he steps out on the streets or in the school yard. Once even at lunch time while eating in the cafeteria.

Without looking away from the outside world Izuku stood up and swung the backpack onto his shoulders. Feeling tentative he slowly walked up to one of the windows and let his gaze fall down on the ground bellow.

The school yard was surprisingly empty, although it wouldn't take long before students burst through the doors, happy to be on their way home. Looking up at the street there didn't seem to be much activity either, only a few cars passing by now and again. Even the usual crowd walking by the school entrance looked to have calmed down today.

A firm hand landed on his shoulder making the boy jump with a small shreik. Turning around, he was almost relieved to see the blond infront of him.

"Oh! Kacch-Kacchan..!!"

"What the hell is up with you, you damn nerd?" He asked, retrieving his hand with a put off expression.

Bakugo, Midoriya's worst childhood bully who once had the title of his best friend, had no real anger in his voice. Sure, his eyes were narrowed and his words sounded harsh but the boy knew him well enough to know that he wasn't in any real truble.. Yet.

"I-I-I we-well- no I-I-what do you.."

Realizing the greenette wouldn't do much else than stutter out incoherent words, Katsuki rolled his eyes before cutting in. "You've been staring out that window every goddamn time class is over, not only that but you've been acting weird all week."

That made Midoriya tense up and just stare at his older classmate. He was surprised to know that Kacchan of all people had noticed him being on edge.