Chapter 4 - Vacant

Bakugo's pov.

Katsuki Bakugo was late, class might have not started yet but by his own standards, he was late. The bitter blond was walking down the school corridors, glancing at every clock he passed while silently cursing himself for pressing the snooze button too many times.

It wasn't like him. He would normally be up and about after just hearing the first few beebs of his alarm. But tonight he wasn't even sure if he fell asleep or not. He had been staring at the wall, then the ceiling, his bedside table, then back att the wall. Closing his eyes had not worked either, his eyelids just shot open like they were made out of spring.

Bakugo sighed as he finally saw his classroom, the door being wide open with loud shatter emerging from it. Inside he saw his friends chatting vividly, only stopping when they noticed his presence. One of them waved him over, greeting him as he sat down on his seat.

"Hay man, what took you so long?," the resent conversation now seemingly put on hold. "I was starting to think you wouldn't show up at all."

"Yeah, you normally get here before we do," the other extra chimed in. "Everything alright?"

"I just slept in," Bakugo scoffed, turning his glare at them. "You idiots got a problem with that?"

"Wha- No, no of course not." The two of them put their hands up in surrender, not wanting to step on the blonds nerves today.

"Tch." Bakugo turned back, silently listening in on the conversation his friends quickly got back to. They were talking about yesterday's villain attack. Apparently the guy was cough but not without causing some serius damage and taking some hostages. It was rare nowadays that people were advised to stay indoors because of an attack, so it wasn't a surprise that his classmates were still talking about it.

As the bell rang all students settled down, keeping their conversations to hushed whispers. Bakugo sighed before leaning back in his chair, stuffing his hands deep into his pockets.
'Another boring day with boring classes.'

Names were thrown out and responded to as the teacher took attendance of all his students. It didn't take long until Katsuki's own name was brought up, to which he simply gave a tierd "Yeah." God he wished this would go faster so he could start working already. Not that he believed his concentration would make an appearance today, he was still a bit groggy.

"Izuku," the teacher called out, his voice faltering as he looked up from his papers. "Midoriya.."

"Where's Midoriya? Has anyone seen him today?"
Bakugo looked up, his head turning towards the greenette's usual seat, finding it empty. For a moment he felt as if his stomach had dropped, an odd feeling setteling down inside of him.

"No one?," the teacher sighed, scribbling something on a separate note. "If he doesn't show up soon I'll have to call.." When his muttering was over he proceeded to call out the names of the last few students on the list.

"Hey Bakugo," one of his friends leaned over, keeping his voice down. "Didn't you say you had a talk with Midoriya yesterday?"

"Yeah man, what the hell did you do to him?" Katsuki's other companion said from the seat behind them, a grin evident on his voice.

"He's probably just bawling his eyes out at home." The both of them snickered, forgetting to be quiet until they each got a stern look from their teacher.

"Yeah," Bakugo nodded slowly, still keeping is eyes on the empty chair. "Probably.."

·✴time skip✴·

The bell finally rang for the last time that day, leaving the classroom full of noise. Chairs being moved, students filling the air with chatter and books getting shoved into bags as quick as possible. Normally Bakugo would be one of the meny amplifiers to these sounds but for once he just sat there, not making any moves to get up.