Chapter 8 - Consequences

Midoriya's Pov.

Taking a turn, Midoriya instantly laid his frantic eyes on the end of the alley, his heart doing a drumsolo at the sight of it. He just had to find someone, just get away far enough from the house to get help. Screaming being a last resort.

As Izuku got out, a gush of fresh air swooped over him like a fan, the wind he had no idea he would ever miss so much would have been a greater relief, had he not been on the run.

The greenette was now on an empty road, stores and buildings stacked neatly in rows following the street. No lights shone but the moon, the sky still sporting a light blue hue, making it easier to navigate as he continued on.

Slurs and curses were thrown at him and without thinking, he looked back. Two of the men he'd seen earlier was plummeting after him, their steps getting closer and closer.

Izuku yelped as he almost tripped, just managing to catch himself before a strong arm came reaching for him.

Keeping his eyes forward he pushed his legs harder, his eyes frantically searching for someone, anyone. No stores seemed to be open and no cars were in sight.

Suddenly, as Izuku had made a few quick turns, he noticed how the footsteps behind him faded. It was hard to hear anything besides his hammering heartbeat but sure enough; the loud stomping was gone.

The boy continued a bit further before gathering enough courage to look over his shoulder again, and to his surprise; he was actually alone.

He furrowed his brows as his green orbs was stuck on the trail behind him, feeling like someone would jump out of a corner at any minute.

But no one did.

A sudden lightness flooded the panting twelve-year-old. He did it, he out ran them! A sudden giddynesse slithered in between the dread and panic his body had sadly gotten used to. The night air suddenly feeling a lot more welcoming.

Then, just as he turned his sight forward, he slammed into something solid. He yelped as he fell backwards, landing quite hard on his rear.

"Ow— Hey!" A deep voice called from above.

For a split second, Midoriya thought he'd been doked, that the men running after him had somehow cut him off throughout the chase.

But all his worries soon drained off of him like running water. Looking up, Izuku was met with a brown haired man, probably in his mid thirties, staring down at the wheezing figure on the ground.

The man's expression went from irritable to shock, stopping at a concerned gaze only a parent could make. "Hey, kid. You alright? Why are you out here this late?"

The man crouched down to the trembling boy, leaving his back open against the gaping alleyway, his hands hovered hesitantly in the air before placing a warm hand agains Izuku's back.

The simple gesture felt a hundred times bigger than Izuku himself could ever imagine. As realization came craching down on him, so did the waterworks.

Loud hiccups broke the air as he leand up against the stranger, his breathing crossing the line of hyperventilating. The man was taken aback by the sudden closeness but quickly embraced the sobbing boy, only noticing the handcuffs when the cold material touched his arm.

"I— I— I'm— I'm Izu— Izuku Midoroya— please I— I was— was kid— kiddnapped." Izuku choked out, his words barely audible between the heart wrenching sounds.

The stranger heard though, his eyes growing wide with realization. "Izuku Midoriya? Shit— Uh, it's alright kid, it's all gonna be fine. Let me just call for help, okay?"