Chapter 6: Eat My shorts

They all acted like nothing happened when Vernon stormed in and glared at everyone, but mostly Bender.

"Why is that door closed!?" He asked, expecting the kids to know the answer. They all continued to stare at him, and that got Vernon more riled up.
"WHY IS THAT DOOR CLOSED?" he asked, and Linette flinched at the yelling.
"How're we supposed to know? We're not supposed to move, right?" Andrew answered smartly.

That doesn't satisfy Vernon so he then focuses his rage and attention onto Claire.
"Why?"
"We were just sitting here, like we were supposed to" Claire said meekly.
Vernon then walks by Linette and Bender's table, and looks at Bender.
"Who closed that door?"
"I think a screw fell out" Bender replied without looking up.
Andrew decided to interlude, "It just closed sir"

Vernon still wasn't satisfied, so he then turned to Allison.
"who?"
Allison lets out a squeak and slams her face onto the table, hiding in her jacket hood.
"she doesn't talk much, sir" Linette said, coming to her friends rescue. Vernon then glares at Linette, but then turns his attention to Bender.
"Give me that screw" he demanded.
"I don't have it" he said glancing at Linette's chest.
"You want me to yank you outta that seat and shake it out of you?!" He threatened.
"I don't have it, screws fall out all of the time, the world's an imperfect place" he mocked. This got Vernon even more mad. You could tell just by the wrinkles that formed on his face.
"Give it to me Bender" His voice got more dark.
"Excuse me sir, but why would anyone want to take a screw?" Linette asked, interluding. 
Vernon glared at her. "Watch it young lady" he threatened. Linette didn't say anything, but she did mumble a little swear in french under her breath.
Allison peeked from her hood, as Vernon tried to keep the door open, he took the metal chair that was nearby and was about to put it by the door.
"The doors way to heavy sir" Bender said, Vernon ignored him and kept on doing what he was doing. But to his dismay, the door slammed shut and pushed the chair away. He let out a string of curses.

Inside the library the kids laughed, and Vernon came back in, trying to act like he didn't loose his dignity.

"Andrew Clark" he called, making Andrew look up. "get up here, come on, front and center, let's go" and Andrew gets up and walks over to Vernon, catching Benders attention.
"Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up?" He complained, as Vernon and Andrew lifted a Magazine rack. "If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!"
"Okay, now, watch the magazines!" Vernon said, reprimanding Andrew.
"it's out your hands" said Linette, elbowing Bender. He nodded in agreement.
Finally after a constant struggle, Vernon and Andrew finally get the rack by the door. The only problem was that it blocked the whole door. Andrew attempted to get through only to struggle and slip on the magazines. This cause Linette to snort.

"That's very clever sir" Bender said sharply,  "but what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir. "

Vernon thinks about it then turns to Andrew, "Alright, what are you doing with this? Get this outta here for God's sake! What's the matter with you? Come on" he said, blaming it all on Andrew.

"You know the school comes equipped with fire ex" He was about to continue but then Linette interupted.
"Shh Brian" she put a finger to her lips, "show Dick some respect" Bender glares, and nods.

"lets go" Vernon shoves Andrew, as they walk to his seat, "Get back into your seat." and then Andrew sits.
He glared at Andrew, and says solemnly "I expected a little more from a varsity letterman!" he then turns to Bender, "You're not fooling anybody, Bender! The next screw that falls out is gonna be you!" He threatens.

Bender just sits back and mumbles under his breath, "eat my shorts". Vernon is once again, riled up.
"What was that?" he asked.  Bender then props his elbow on the chair, and glares up at Vernon and says louder "Eat. My. Shorts"
"You just bought yourself another detention." Vernon said, pointing at him
"ugh, I'm crushed" he said sarcastically, glaring at the man.
"You just bought yourself another Saturday, mister!"
"Well, I'm free the Saturday after that...beyond that, I'm gonna have to check my calendar!"
"Good! 'Cause it's gonna be filled, we'll keep goin'! You want another one? Say the word, just say the word!" Bender rolled his eyes as Vernon continued, " Instead of going to prison, you'll come here!" He paused as Bender rolled is eyes "Are you through?. "
"No!"
"I'm doing society a favor!"
"So?"
"That's another one, right now! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch your step! You want another one?"
"Yes!"
"You got it! You got another one, right there! That's another one pal!"
"John that's enough" Linette said, putting her hand on his arm. Bender looked at her and his gaze soften up.
"You through?"
 "Not even close, bud!" He mocks
"Good! You got one more, right there! "
"Do you really think I give a shit? "
"Another" Bender glare's harden
"You through?"
"How many is that?" Bender asks tauntingly, Brian decides to answer.
"That's seven including the one when we first came in and you asked Mr. Vernon here whether Barry Manilow knew that he raided his closet. "
"Now it's eight" Vernon turns to Brian, "You stay out of it"
Brian decides to correct him "Excuse me, sir, it's seven!"
"Shut up, Peewee!" He snapped, Brian meekly nods and goes back to his original position. Vernon then turns his gaze back on Bender
"You're mine Bender, for two months I gotcha! I gotcha!"
"What can I say? I'm thrilled!" Bender says snidely.
"Oh, I'm sure that's exactly what you want these people to believe. You know something, Bender? You ought to spend a little more time trying to do something with yourself and a little less time trying to impress people. You might be better off. " He turns his attention to everyone else" Alright, that's it! I'm going to be right outside those doors. The next time I hafta come in here" Bender mouths with him "I'm cracking skulls"

When the door slammed shut, Bender snapped.

"FUCK YOU!"