Chapter 11:Linette's Story

Bender and Linette had sat down on that little balcony, with Linette swinging her legs. As she was swinging them, Bender noticed her skirt riding up just a bit with every swing. As it swung up he noticed a scar about a couple of inches from her knees, and it was pretty deep too.

With one last bite to his muffin, he wiped his hands and sucked the last piece of chocolate from his thumb before tapping Linette on the scar.

"what happened here?" he asked her, and Linette knew what he was talking about without even looking. Linette sighed and moved Bender's hand onto his own lap and fixing her skirt.

"Long and complicated story." She said with a sudden seriosness, and Bender, who was curious and wanted to know about the french girl.

"You don't have to say anything doll. No one has a gun to your head." Bender said. offering some sort of a comforting smile.

"No, I haven't really told anyone this, the only person who knows is Allison so," she pointed playfully at him, "feel blessed."

"It's as if I've been touched by the pope." He said raising his hands and playfully nudging her. Linette smiled and then looked to the small group below them.

Allison had kept her head down, Brian was doing some extra credit work, and Claire and Andrew were silently mumbling casting quick and noticed glances at the two who were sitting on the stairs.

"When I was younger," Linette started. "My mother, father, grandmother and I didn't always live here, I was only about 7 when I started living with my grandmother." Bender nods.

"When I was about 5, my mother, father, and I had gone on a trip to visit a relative in Boston, my Aunt Sue and her Daughter, my cousin, Dee. It was sunny, super nice, the weather was perfect for a stroll in the park. My mother and I were talking about something, I can't remember what, and my dad had noticed the light had turned green. My dad, for your information, was a good man, however he had a bad eye, his left eye to be exact. So he uses special prescribed glasses when he's out. At the time, he didn't have them on because I wanted to get there as soon as possible. When the light turned green, that was the only thing he saw. My mother who was sitting next to me, held me as an eighteen wheeler rammed our car, flipping it over a couple of times. I didn't remember much after that, it was a big blank. I remember hearing shards smashing and then a big pain in my leg."

Linette had rolled up her skirt a bit, revealing 1 large scar around an inch thick and a foot long on her right thigh and a couple of small little round ones on her right.

"I had gotten a broken arm and around 16 pieces of glass lodged in me. My father had a broken hip and a fractured leg. However my mom had the worst of it. She had gotten 2 pieces of glass lodged in her throat, her neck had broken and....My dad was heartbroken and super upset. It was about 6 months after her death that he turned to alcohol and other substances, and a month after my seventh birthday, he was deported back to France."

A tear trailed down her cheek, and she quickly wiped it.

She was afraid to look at Bender, she couldn't. She didn't want to see the pity or sympathy or any of that in his eyes.

"To end this sad tail." She chuckled sniffling and wiping some more tears off. "I ended up living with my grandmother, met Allison, and now I'm here talking with you." She smiles.

Bender looks at her in astonishment.

"How the hell are you smiling?" He asks in wonder, with a small smirk of his own.

"How the hell are you?" she counters. and he smirks, "Touche." The two stare at each other and just gaze, forgetting about the other four with them.

They gaze at each other and John's eyes flickers to Linette's lips. The action not gone unnoticed by Linette, who swallows and looks away.

Bender slumps, he got her to open up this much, what else should he do to- and then he gets an epiphany.

"You know what we need!" Bender suddenly stands.

and Linette and the other four of the breakfast club look at him in confusion.

"An adventure!" and he grabbed Linette's hand and tugged her up (she yelped), and the others looked at him in confusion.

Well, here it is guys. I know this hasn't happened in the movie, but in previous chapters, Linette has made a couple of references about some understanding of certain topics, and I thought I should mention her back story. Also I haven't updated in a long while and since we're close to Christmas I thought, I'm going to give my readers something to say.

Also thank you commenters for commenting because I don't think I would ever update had it not been for you're supporting commments.

Also, if possible. Feedback would be most appreciated, so If you think that somethings are off or too much, just let me know and I'll take it into consideration to see what I can do better.

Thanks.