Chapter 9: Cherry

Linette couldn't concentrate on reading, the atmosphere was that thick, and it's only 11. Bender had ended up sitting next to Linette with a slight scowl and his feet propped up on the desk.

Carl, the school Janitor walks in.

"Hey Brian, how ya doin'?" He says greeting the blonde who looked down in embarrassment.

"Your dad works here?". Bender taunts

Linette rolls her eyes, "Morceau de merde" she whispers even though she knows Bender could hear. 

Bender looks at Linette in confusion, while he didn't understand the first two words, he did have some Spanish friends, and those Spanish friends swore a lot. He could see the similarities between Mierda and Merde. So why was the cute french beauty calling him a piece of shit?

"Uh, Carl." Bender calls.

"What?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How does one become a janitor?"

"You want to become a janitor?"

"No, I wanted to know how One becomes a janitor, 'cause Andrew here, is very interested in pursuing the custodial arts." he says mockingly. Andrew glares at Bender, while Linette gives up on life and rests her (suddenly heavy) head on her arms.

"Oh, really?" He asks, knowing of the hidden message behind Benders words. Said guy smirks and Andrew thinks of many ways to beat the man down. "You guys think I'm just some untouchable peasant? Peon? Huh? Maybe so, but following a broom around after shitheads like you for the past eight years I've learned a couple of things.I look through your letters, I look through your lockers" This get's Bender's attention, he has a lot of shit in his locker, personal shit that he'd rather have no one but himself touching. "I listen to your conversations, you don't know that but I do.I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends." His eyes then go to the clock By the way, that clock's twenty minutes fast."

Bender smirks, while Brian muttered "shit."

Carl's putting his materials back, when he then sees a pair of light brown eyes staring at him apologetically.

"Hey Linnie."

"Hey Carl." Linette waves. "You still coming next week?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't miss your cooking or GG's sweets for the world." He waves before walking out.

"Make sure to bring Nancy!" She yells.

"Will do!" Carl replies as the door shuts.

The people in the room look at Linette in confusion, and she stares back.

"What?, he's practically family, he's dating my cousin Nancy." She states, and then puts her head back down.

All but Bender, nods and get's back to what they were doing.

Bender looks slightly shamed at the fact he insulted her family, but then shrugged and decided he'll apologize for it later, besides, he wasn't insulting her to a certain extent.

or at least he thought he wasn't.

crap, he screwed up.

~~~~~

It's 11:30 and Linette was getting a headache. The reason for that headache was because of the guy sitting next to her who wouldn't stop trying to get her attention.