ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖: 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘

ᵂⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵗᵒ ˡᵉᵃᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

"I didn't mean to-" Alex said, his hands covered his head instantly as Schlatt raised his hand. He expected the slap to come, readied for it, but it never did. He opened his eyes to See Nick, clenching his fingers around Schlatt's wrist tight enough to leave marks. Schlatt winced as Nick bent his hand back. "You won't be hitting him ever again." He said in a deep voice Alex had never heard. Karl stood and gently led Alex back to his things, helping him pack. Once they finished Nick let go of Schlatt's hand, moving him to the side. He and Karl worked as a shield, making sure Schlatt couldn't see Alex. They packed the car full of Alex's things and they sped away, hopefully for the last time, Alex looked at the house. 

     "So this can be your room!" Karl said brightly. It was pretty modern, with a two person bed and blue sheets. "we just assumed your favorite color was blue...you always wear blue on you" Nick said with a small smile. Alex's heart swelled, he always made a point to wear at least one blue thing a day, he loved the color blue. "Well..you guessed right" he said with a small laugh. He moved his bag to the closet and started to unpack, he finished rather quickly since Schlatt never bought him much. Karl admired his many...many Beanies and hats. "These are nice" He commented while Nick folded some of the clothes. "oh..Yeah I like them. When I was little my mom used to buy me all kinds from around the world" He smiled at the memory of receiving little decorated hats in the mail with notes from his mother. "That's so sweet" Karl sat beside him and placed one of the "cowboy" hats on his head "yeehaw" he said making Alex laugh. Nick walked over "Who said Yeehaw?" He drew out a fake accent making Karl and Alex crack up. "Oh my honk...Nick do you still have that costume? The cowboy one?!" Karl asked, Alex must have looked alarmed because the couple quickly explained that it had been for Halloween and nothing else. "I actually do hold on..." He walked out only to return wearing a plaid shirt, the cowboy hat, jeans, boots, and a belt with a golden buckle in the front. Alex burst out laughing so hard his stomach hurt. Karl sneezed at least eight times as he laughed and Nick posed. 

 "Night Alex..." Karl and Nick had insisted on waiting until Alex had showered, brushed his teeth, and laid in bed before leaving the room. He watched as they hesitated, both watching him as he closed his eyes and tried to sleep. He could feel them watching him and it felt strange, having someone worry about him after so long. He opened his eyes, grateful to see that both men were still there, though they were turning to leave. "wait" he called. They both turned instantly, worried looks crossing their faces "You okay?" Nick asked, tempted to just walk over and hug him. "Um...thank you" Alex said softly as he sat up slightly "for taking charge and getting me out of there..." Karl's heart swelled and he grabbed Nick's arm. "I don't know how to repay you guys...I don't have money.." karl shook his head "Alex you being safe is payment enough" Nick said voicing Karl's thoughts aloud. "We're happy your here. We didn't invite you because we pity you. Your our best friend, we've known you for about a month now y'know? And we want you to be safe because we care about you" We care about you, more than you will ever know, Karl thought. Alex was bewildered. They cared about him. They wanted him to be safe. the thought made him smile, he laid back down and smiled. 

𝕋𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕦𝕝...𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕡𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕚𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟