Ch | III

(Sorry for the very long wait, I was enjoying my spring break and I completely forgot I wrote this. Sorry!)

It's been about a week of being Kokichi's ride, Shuichi always wondered why it was always him. If he really wanted piggy back rides Gonta would've been a better option.

With that is his thoughts he couldn't stop thinking about it, was it out of boredom or something more and bigger than Shuichi thought?

Walking through the halls Shuichi wandered around, it was freetime but he didn't have any plans. That is until he found himself having Kokichi on his back.

"Nishishi~ hello Shumai, fancy seeing you here! You seem alone, poor Saihara. Do you need my company?"

"No--"

"That's great! I have tickets for the movies but it seems everyone hates me, beside you Shumai! Because I'm your favorite, right?"

There was no point arguing against Kokichi, either way he would always win. Shuichi just went along with it, he was caught off guard when Kokichi grabbed his hand.

"Kokichi? I could walk by myself you know."

Yet he didn't answer, but Shuichi knew he heard him. Kokichi just walked until they reaches the theater, Monokuma's face was plastered on it.

"Here we are! I already got snacks so we don't need to buy anything."

"Isn't that breaking a rule? Like we can't bring any food from outside."

"Don't worry your pretty little head Shuichi! I got it covered, let's just go inside before we're late!"

Shuichi wanted to protest about the idea of smuggling snack inside the theater but it was too late, they we're already inside.

"Uh, what movie are we watching by the way Ouma?"

"Oh, you know. Romance."

Kokichi had a smirk on his face, Shuichi got nervous. One was that Kokichi was acting rather suspicious and two is that what kind of romance movie.

"I know what you're think Shumai, get your head out of the gutter! It's not like that, but of course I might be lying and you'll never know~!"

It was difficult the figure out of Kokichi was lying to you or not, even for Shuichi. Trying the find clues eventually he gave up, letting Kokichi win this time.

"Let's just get in."

Both made their way the dark room, they were in the middle. Shuichi heard rustling next to him, of course it was Kokichi who was digging through his pockets.

"So, do you want Panta, chips, candy or gum? I have variety so don't need to worry, I even got your favorite."

"I am not worried about that, I'm not hungry either so you can have all of that."

"Suit yourself."

It wasn't long before Kokichi stuffed his mouth with random candy and the movie to start, it was a cheesy romance one. Not what Shuichi would've picked but he didn't have a choice.

A hour in Shuichi felt something on his shoulder, it was Kokichi's head laying on him. Trying to wake him up but it was no use, at the end Shuichi had to carry Kokichi back to the dorms.

"I'm not surprised, I did expect this from you Kokichi but that's just you."

Shuichi sighed before turning around to walk away but someone had a different idea, Kokichi grabbed Shuichi's arm. Yanking him onto the bed, where he laid next to him.

"K-Kokichi! Wake up! You're uh, hugging me."

"No~ you're comfy!"

"Kokichi please, I can't really stay here. Especially if we're on the same bed, it's a night time rule."

Yet nothing, before Shuichi knew it Kokichi was clinged onto him. Barely letting him even breath let alone move at all. A sigh left his mouth before closing his eyes, Shuichi couldn't do anything besides trying to sleep.

Slowly but surely Shuichi fell into a deep sleep, he couldn't lie that it felt comfortable. It wasn't as awkward as Shuichi thought it would be, it felt, nice.

Time Skip

When Shuichi woke up Kokichi wasn't there, sitting up Shuichi heard a door open and close, behind was Kokichi holding a breakfast tray.

"Goood mooorning Shumai! You finally woke up! I prepared breakfast because I am such a good boyfriend!"

"Wait what?"

Shuichi blinked, trying to process what Kokichi said. It could've been a simple mistake, maybe he meant to say friend that's all right?

"Hm? What's wrong Saihara? You seem confused? What's with the scary face?"

"It's nothing, I just thought you said something else. It doesn't matter so don't worry."

"No no tell me! You could tell me anything!"

"Well, I thought you said boyfriend instead of, well friend. But it could just be my imagination."

"What do you mean? I did say boyfriend."

"H-Huh?"

A pink hue covered Shuichi's face, thoughts were going through his head. Maybe he was lying just to mess with him, or maybe he did mean it...

Before Shuichi knew it Kokichi was infront of him, holding a chocolate covered strawberry. Poking it onto Shuichi's lips, being hesitant before biting the strawberry.

"Good boy!"

Kokichi hurried to the kart, rolling it infront of Shuichi. Pancakes with maple syrup, milk and, chocolate strawberries.

All smelled amazing but Shuichi only thought why, why did Kokichi went through the trouble of bringing him breakfast.

"Quickly finish! We have a meeting in the dining hall!"

Kokichi walked to the door, Shuichi didn't know why but he had the instinct to call out for him. He didn't having anything to talk about the feeling only got strong when Kokichi was getting closer to the door.

"Kokichi!"

"Hm?"

Shuichi quickly thought of something.

"What's the meeting a-about?

Kokichi only smirked before proceeding to open the door, but just before walking out Kokichi said something that made Shuichi stunned.

Prom.
------------

Word count : 960