Ch | VII (END)

(I am shaking rn but I just want to take everyone who read and enjoyed my story to the end. Thank you!)

He was standing there, infront of two doors keeping him from entering the ball room. His palms were sweating already, he could hear music blasting.

It took an hour after preparing himself, making him one hour late but hopefully he didn't miss anything too much.

Shuichi took a breath in and out before twisting the door handle and opening it, flashes of color and loud music with the smell of alcohol made him back up.

He wasn't used to this environment, never before he thought he'll go to a party. He wasn't that kind of person, but he wasn't doing this for himself, it was whoever his date was.

Hopefully it is worth it.

Fixing his suit Shuichi took a first step in, already he felt the affect. Finally he was in the ball room, walking further in he saw his classmates, all seem to be paired with.

He saw that Kaede instant saw him and was running full speed at him, sure she almost fell because of her heels but she still made it to Shuichi.

"Shuichi! I am so relieved you came! I was worried you'll stay in your dorm."

"I guess I didn't, so where's Miu?"

"Oh she's just getting fruit punch."

"Really? It looks like she's spiking it."

"Wait what?! Miu!"

Shuichi laughed, he could see the vodka bottle all gone into the fruit punch such a cute couple. Walking along, trying to find is date. If the lights were on it would've been more easier to see.

It was less excitement and partying for Shuichi, he was on the came to find his date. Although it question him, why was he determine to find who was the one behind the letter? It could just be a prank on him.

Although that could be a possibility Shuichi still had hope, continue to search. Even through the dim room hus could see some were obviously not dark purple.

After about 30 minutes Shuichi grew tired of looking, taking a break he sat at a table. He saw Miu and Kaede dancing and Rantaro dancing with Keebo. He smiled weakly, what perfect pairs.

It wasn't long before a tap on his shoulder woke him up, turning around Shuichi saw Kokichi. He couldn't but think he was right after all, Kokichi did look good in a suit.

What are you thinking?!

Shuichi brushed it off since something else caught his eyes, Kokichi's masquerade.

"Hey Shumai~ fancy seeing you here all alone! Shouldn't you be dancing with your date like everyone else is?"

"Thing is I don't really know who they are, I'm trying to find them but is take awhile."

"So, you're giving up?"

"No! Well, I just want to who they are."

"Any hints about them?"

"Dark purple."

"Didn't see anyone with a dark purple masquerade?"

"It's too dim to see a dark shade perfectly, for all I know Keebo might have it."

Shuichi looked at him, although he didn't think Keebo would choose dark purple.

"You're such a dumb detective, but you're mine dumb detective."

"Huh?!"

Shuichi was shocked to hear that, it could just be Kokichi tricking him but it sounded so sincere, maybe he was telling the truth.

"So you really don't know who could it be?"

"I guess, I don't really do these type of things in my investigation."

"How about I give you a hint, a big one."

"Wait, do you know who the person with the letter is?"

"Very much."

"Than tell me!"

"Nope, this is better Shumai. Don't worry, you'll enjoy it very much~!"

Kokichi pulled Shuichi's hand up, indicating he wants hime to stand up. Doing as do Shuichi was worried, what was Kokichi planning?

"May I have this dance?"

All of a sudden everything went slow.

He's asking me for a dance?!

With hesitation and thinking....

------

Shuichi nodded as a hand for him to take appeared, accepting it made him get pulled in the middle as he feel that everyone's eyes were looking at them.

Kokichi took the lead, Shuichi could lie that he was impressed, he never expected Kokichi of people to be so good at dancing.

Did he practice for this moment?

Gracefully twirling and jumps Shuichi became slightly dizzy, that is until he suddenly became underneath Kokichi there eyes met.

Shuichi didn't have a chance to say anything before something soft brushed his lips, before he know it.

Kokichi connected their lips together.

------

Once Shuichi got released Kokichi had a grin, that is because a spotlight suddenly shined on them, making Shuichi realize he was always with his mysterious date.

"Nishishi~! Shumai is red! Are you embarrassed? Flustered? Surprised? Or all of them?"

Shuichi opened his mouth but no words came out, that us from Kokichi who reunited their lips together, this time much more longer.

"So, what do you Saihara? Shall we continue our dance?"

Shuichi thought about it, but this time it was more difficult he would imagine. After what they went through, all because of Kokichi being lazy to get to class by himself.

And Shuichi, being the unfortunately one to be the one bringing Kokichi around. But was it really unfortunate?

If it wasn't for that they wouldn't grew a bond that was basically unbreakable. Not like they even try to break it.

Shuichi realize how devoted he was to Kokichi and same way for Kokichi to him, making the question more easier.

Could he do that for years? And on end?

"Yes, I would love to continue the dance."

Both smiled before Kokichi started again, this time Shuichi followed along. He shouldn't be scared to really, because it wouldn't be his last time dancing with his love.
------------

Word count : 978