my baby (shoto todoroki x fem!reader)

(major tw: murder, drowning, death of a child. seriously this is intense. please proceed with caution) (to clarify, you will be the yandere in this oneshot lol. your quirk in the ability to control water.) (word count: 1196)

You gave birth to Kirari when you were 16, a product of meaningless intercourse with your high school boyfriend.

You were going to the most prestigious hero school in Japan, UA High. The father was Eijiro Kirishima, and while he wanted to be a father, you guys didn't last very long. You dropped out and gave up on your dreams of becoming a hero because of the child; it was too difficult. 

You loved this baby more than anything.

When you found out you were having a girl, you were ecstatic. Luckily your family was supportive, they were just excited for this baby girl to be born as you. But you quickly learned who was and wasn't your true friends. You weren't able to party or hang out all the time like you used to. A lot of people dropped you and stopped talking to you entirely.

But one certain person stayed by your side the entire time: Shoto Todoroki.

He supported your decision of keeping the baby and dropping out, he kept pushing you forward when no one else would. 

You had known for a long time that you had loved Shoto way more than a friend. Even when you were with Kirishima, you would still think about Shoto all the time. You wished he was the father of your child instead. 

So, years later, you both finally got together. It was drunken confession. 

Kirari, who was now 7, had gone to sleep. You invited him over just to hang out, maybe have a drink or two. You didn't drink much, you didn't want to do anything stupid and wake up your daughter. 

He told you then that he had loved you since you were teenagers, how jealous he was of Kirishima that you would be giving birth to his child. 

That was the night you began to resent your daughter. You came to the realization that he must not love her too because he isn't her father. Part of you knew it was crazy, of course he loved her too. You had seen the way they act around each other. It was almost as if he WAS her father.

But you were positive that he didn't want her, and that would make him not want you.

After that you started noticing how "annoying" Kirari really was (at least that's what you thought). Always whining, constantly talking, not complying with rules. Things that didn't bother you so much before infuriated you now.

You were always yelling at her. 

It was usually about small things, you started picking her actions apart, finding different things that you thought were going to make Shoto leave you. 

You hated her. 

One night in particular, Shoto had left and gone to work at the agency and you were alone to watch Kirari. She had been pissing you off more than normal: not listening, yelling at you whenever you told her to do something, being sarcastic. So basically, she was being a brat.

It filled you with so much hatred and anger you didn't know what to do about it. You glared at her; she was watching some random cartoon on TV. 

You had no love for her left; you hated her more than anything. At least that was you had convinced yourself. She was still your daughter and you knew that. You carried that child inside you for 9 months of your teenage life. Of course you still cared about her, even if you didn't know it.

You stood to your feet. "Kirari, time to take a bath."

"I wanna finish my show," she pouted.

"Now."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." She stood up from her beanbag, setting the barbie doll she was holding down.

You followed her up the stairs, glaring at the back of her head. Hateful thoughts filled your mind.

'I hate her.'

'She's ruining my life.'

'I wish she was never born.'

'She's gonna be the reason he leaves me.'

'I wish she was dead.'

The anger only seemed to build and build as you got her bath ready; getting her pajamas ready and starting the water. You scowled at her as she climbed in the bathtub.

"Mommy?"

"What?"

"Can I play with toys in the bath?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

"That's not fair!"

You closed your eyes, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Mommy."

"Mom."

"Mommy!"

"Shut up Kirari!"

"I want to play with toys!"

"I SAID NO!"

"I WANT TO!"

"I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!" 

Without thinking, you brought your hands to the bath water, therefore gaining control of it. You pointed at Kirari, and the water that was now in the form of a rope, wrapped around her neck  and pulled her down into the water. Her entire body was submerged. You clenched your fist, keeping the grip on her throat tight. Her eyes were wide as she thrashed around, desperately trying to free herself from the grip the water had on her body. 

You stared at her face. She was trying to scream, but only gargles escaped her throat.

Her hands gripped onto the ledge of the bathtub, trying to pull herself up the water. Only a few seconds later, the sound of the gargling grew fainter and fainter and eventually it stopped. She went limp, her hands still holding onto the ledge. You stood to your feet, turning to the door. You were ready to go back to the living room.

Shoto was standing in the doorway.

His eyes were wide, glued to the dead little girl in the bathtub. His hands were gripping onto the doorway, almost as if he was trying to keep himself from fainting. 

You smiled. "Shoto! You're home!"

He looked at you, his eyes still wide. "What did you do?!"

You furrowed your brows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He struggled to find the words to say. He pushed past you, kneeling beside the bathtub. He pulled Kirari out of the bathtub, laying her on the floor. He attempted CPR, but it was too late. She was already gone.

"What is wrong with you?!" He shouted at you, silent tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Why are you crying? You didn't want her anyways!"

"What the hell?! What do you mean?!"

"She wasn't your child! It was obvious you didn't want her! You were gonna leave me if I didn't do something!"

"You're fucking crazy, I have NEVER thought that!"

"What?" You said quietly.

"Of course I wanted her! She was the daughter I never knew I wanted! And now she's gone!"

You fell to your knees as the reality of what you had done hit you. You killed your own daughter in one of the most brutal ways all because you thought the man in you were in love with didn't want her. You took her entire life away. She would never get the chance to grow up and experience life. 

All because of you.