our love is god (momo yaoyorozu x fem!reader)

(tw: religious trauma, abuse, gore, fire, horror) (disclaimer: im not a religious person at all. this chapter doesnt reflect my beliefs at all, its just a horror story dont come for me.)

(word count: 923 words)

I stared at her anxiously as she paced the room.

'This is it. I'm going to die. She's going to fucking kill me.'

I don't know how long she had kept me there. Yaomomo was my best friend. I had always been aware of her parents, how they abused her and used God as their leverage. She had always been a little weird for as long as I could remember. I was one of her only friends up until high school.

The first few days of being kept in her house, I thought she had been keeping some horrible crazy infatuation from me which drove her to kidnap me.

But as the days went on, I realized it was so much more fucked up then that.

She would force me to pray, beating me with a wooden cross every time I resisted. She would scream bible verses in my face while I sobbed and begged her to stop. 

She wanted to perfect me. She wanted to make me holy.

'Her own little angel' is what she said.

This wasn't a one-sided love story, this was a religiously obsessed best friend.

But here I sat, tears and snot running down my face as I watched her mumble to herself. I couldn't make out what she was saying and something told me I didn't want to know. For what seemed like days, she would rant to me about how this world isn't right for me. I've become too pure. 

~

"I can't keep you here any longer."

I looked up from my chair. "What?"

"This place isn't good enough for you any more."

"Momo, what are you talking about? Are you letting me go? Can I go home?"

She turned around, bringing a hand down and slapping me across the face. "No! I told you not to talk about that!"

I let out a cry, tears beginning to build up. "I'm sorry."

She took a deep breath. "I didn't mean this house. I mean this world. This earth. It's no longer right for you."

~

I was used to her talking about it because she never actually did anything about it. But today was different. She was panicked, in a frenzy. She would burst in fits of rage, yelling and screaming at me, only to break down into tears moments later.

I was brought back to reality when I realized she had left the room. 

"M...Momo?!" I cried out desprately. "Where are you?!"

There was no answer. 

I let out a shaky breath, my heart racing. 'Where the fuck did she go?'

She came back seconds later; she seemed to be holding something behind her back. 

"It's time."

"Huh?"

She brought her hands out where I could see, clutching a box of matches in one hand and a milk jug filled with a yellowish liquid in the other. 

My eyes widened as I watched her come closer to me. "Yaomomo, what are you doing?"

She said nothing, her eyes not leaving me and wording a silent prayer. 

"Momo!"

She stood in front of me, looking down on me. I tried desperately to move, but as I had been almost the entire time I have been here, I was strapped to the chair with belts. I began to hyperventilate, confused and scared of what was happening.

She unscrewed the lid of milk jug, throwing it to the side. I could immediately smell the strong scent of gasoline. 

"NO!" I sobbed out. "OH MY GOD NO!"

She brought a finger to my lips. "Shhhh. Quiet. It will all be okay. You need not worry. In only a few moments, you will be taken away from this wretched, sinful earth. You will meet our God and you'll finally be okay," a tear rolled down her cheeks. She looked up at the ceiling, a smile on her face. "Loving Father, may your Son cleanse (Y/N) of her sins and take her as your own. Amen."

With no warning, she raised the jug over my head and poured the gasoline on top of me. I coughed and gagged, letting out sobs as it got in my eyes. My vision was blurry but I could vaguely make out the lit flame that she held in her hand.

Everything was silent until the sound of the match lighting the gasoline caused me to gasp. 

"What was-" I was cut off by my own screams. 

The pain was unimaginable. I could barely hear Momo's sobs through my own suffering. Only seconds later, I was completely engulfed in flames. Even if there wasn't a God, I was screaming for him to make it stop. 

I couldn't breathe as the smoke filled my lungs and my throat began to feel like it was closing in as my screams grew fainter and fainter. I was losing feeling of my entire body as the fire burned away my tissue and nerves. 

My vision went black and suddenly everything was completely silent for a few moments. I couldn't feel anything.

'Am I dead? Is it over?'

There was nothing. No light or singing of angels. It was empty and silent. Peaceful and terrifying at the same time.  It seemed like hours passed before I heard anything. I heard faint footsteps before a blinding light appeared before me. I squinted, trying to shield myself from the light. 

'Wait, I can move again.' I stretched my fingers out, turning back to the now calm light.

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

"God?"