REQUEST: paparazzi (eijiro kirishima x fem!quirkless!reader)

(requested by @TheVoidWeFallInto )

(tw: abuse) (this is a prohero AU)

(word count: 1280)

I was born quirkless. Both of my parents had quirks, my mother had a ice quirk while my father had a mind control quirk. The kids at school developed their quirks early, except me. We kept our fingers crossed until I was 10. The doctor told me I would never have a quirk, I was born quirkless.

It felt as if someone had dropped a boulder on me. I felt crushed, I just stared at the doctor as she told me it wasn't my fault; she said sometime things like this happen and we have no control over it.

It had been a dream since I was kid to be a hero.

For awhile I was depressed, the years dragged on as I struggled to choose a career path. Until my 15th birthday, where me and some friends went digging through my attic. I came across my grandmother's old camera and got it fixed a few days later.

After that, I never put it down.

I brought it with me everywhere I went. That was what I wanted to do for the rest of life. When I turned 23, I became a freelance photography. I took all sorts of pictures for my cilents. Weddings, prom, conventions, etc.

One day, I opened my computer and checked my email. There was only one new notification in my inbox. I clicked it. It was probably a new client. My eyes widened as I scanned through the email.

"Oh my God!" I shouted.

This was Pro Hero Red Riot, my role model since I was kid. He gave me hope after I learned I was quirkless, hope that I could still make it in life. I would watch all of his interviews or anytime he was on tv. And he was in my fucking inbox!

He emailed me saying he had seen some of my work and he thought it was impressive. He asked if I could take some pictures of him and his son.

Red Riot was married for some time before she was killed in a villain attack, leaving just him with his son.

I immediately replied, telling him I would love to and asking for a time and place. I hit send and sat back, my leg bouncing anxiously. I checked my social media until I head the ding from my computer. I opened his email.

'That's great! I would love to do the park near the cafe at 3:00 on Monday if that's alright. I'm willing to pay any price.'

I squealed as I typed back.

'Perfect. I'll see you Monday!'

Monday was two days from now, which gave me plenty of time to check my schedule and prepare all of my equipment. The next two days were slow, but I made it to Monday. It was fall, my favorite time for taking pictures. The leaves and atmosphere is so pretty, and weather is just perfect.

I put on a pair of black jeans and a white sweater, letting my hair down and straightening it.

I left the house with my camera at 2:30, making it to the park by 2:55. I grabbed my bag and my camera and sat at the bench while I waited for him to arrive. I got on my phone until I heard someone called my name. I looked up and saw him standing by the entrance to the park.

I smiled and walked over to them. "Red Riot it's such-"

"Please, call me Kirishima," he smiled softly.

"Kirishima, it's such a honor to work with you and your son, thank you for messaging me!"

"Of course, you work is very impressive!"

"Thank you!"

Over the course of the next hour, I talked to Kirishima and his son, getting to know them a little. I got plenty of pictures of them together with a variety of poses. Apparently these pictures were just for some portraits at home.

We finally got back to the entrance to the park, getting ready to part ways.

"Hey listen, are you free this week? I would love to take you out sometime. I really enjoyed spending time with you today."

And I agreed.

We started to meet up, first as every weekend, then multiple times a week, and eventually we were spending as much time together as we could. We got together, and I was happy.

For a little while.

After a few months, I started to notice small things. Comments on my outfits and the boys I was friends with or worked with. He started coming with me to every photoshoot I had that involved a man. He would go through my phone when he thought I wasn't looking.

It was a little frustrating, but I didn't mind it.

Until he started to get violent.

One day we had certain argument.

I got home, setting my keys on the table. Kiri's son sat in front of the tv, watching cartoons surrounded by his action figures and toy cars. I sat down on the couch, my last shoot was exhausting. The people I worked with that day were extremely frustrating.

I looked up when I heard the sound of someone coming down the stairs.

"Kiri?"

"I'm right here," he stood at the bottom of the stairs, jaw clenched.

I sat up. "Baby, is everything alright?"

"You wanna explain to me why you went to that shoot today without me?"

I was taken aback. "What do you mean?"

"Don't fucking play dumb, (Y/N). You went to a shoot with a GUY alone."

I blinked. "He was very persistent, he said it was urgent. I didn't have time to-"

"I bet you fucked him, you fucking whore," he said, a look of disgust on his face.

"What did you just say?"

"DID I STUTTER?"

I blinked. I stood up from the couch. "Of course I didn't, why would you say that?!"

He stormed over to me, grabbing me by the face and pushing me back into the couch. "Talk back to me again, I dare you." He said venomously.

I looked up at him with wide eyes, clutching onto his arm. I was too shocked to say anything.

"Admit it. ADMIT THAT YOU FUCKED THAT GUY TODAY!"

"I didn't, Kiri, I swear!"

He shook me, still holding onto me tightly. He gripped onto my arm and face, so tight that it started to hurt. "STOP LYING YOU CHEATING WHORE!"

Tears welled in my eyes. "Stop it, you're scaring me!"

"Dad?"

"Go upstairs Tadashi."

"But-"

"I SAID GO UPSTAIRS!"

The boy hesitated before rushing up the stairs.

He brought his attention back to me, picking me up by the arm. He dragged me over to the basement door, even as I tried to pull back.

"Kiri, let go of me! Stop! What are you doing?!"

I opened it and pushed me inside, causing me to tumble down the wood stairs. I landed on the hard floor with a cry of pain.

"You can come out when you learn YOU DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME!"

And with that he slammed the door shut and I heard it lock.

I began to hyperventilate. I rushed up the stairs, ignoring the aching I felt. I pounded on the door.

"Kiri, let me out! I didn't do anything! Please stop, just let me out!"

Hours past by, and I sat against the wall, my knees pulled up to my chest. My face burned from the tears that couldn't seem to stop falling.

Something was very wrong with Kirishima. And I wasn't sure if I would leave this house ever again.