Chapter 33- Back to School

Astra's POV

School had finally started up again. The last week of the holidays, Draco and I spent at his Manor, I talked to his mother a lot and we got along, but his father was a different story. I tried to avoid him, as did Draco, but the odd few times I did run into him, he scowled at me or gave me a look that could kill. 

He just didn't like me and I was afraid that if he would hit Draco in front of, not only me, but Draco's mother as well, what else he would do to Draco, or even his mother. But he didn't luckily, and Draco and I spent most of it exploring his house, exploring outside or curled up together. 

We went back to my house on the last day to get my stuff and we started our journey to Hogwarts meeting Ginny and Luna at the train station, nine and three quarters platform. Draco went with his friends in another carriage, while Ginny, Luna and I were together. Hermione was with Harry and Ron.

"I think they added more teachers to the notice board." Ginny said chewing on her jelly beans. "Really?" Luna Asked. "Do you know who?" I asked looking up from Zest in my lap. "No. But I've heard that it might be Snape, possibly." Ginny explained. 

"Really?" Luna gasped. "Wait, who's Snape again?" I asked confused. "Uhm. He was the old defence against the dark arts teacher and then he went onto to potions, and then he left." Luna said. "Why did he leave?" I asked curiously. 

"No one really knows. Except for Dumbledore of course." Ginny said throwing a jelly bean into her mouth but missing. I fought back a giggle at the pout on her face as she tried again. "Dumbledore practically knows everything doesn't he?" I asked. "Yeah pretty much." Ginny and Luna said at the same time. 

After a few minutes of comfortable silence the inevitable topic came up. "So what did you and Draco do on the holidays?" Ginny asked smiling, trying not to laugh. "We did a lot of things." I replied, trying to play it down. "And by a lot of things do you mean a lot of things?" Luna asked, raising her eyebrows expectantly at me.

"Maybe, maybe not." I said, failing at trying not to smile. The girls laughed at my reply. "But, enough about me, Ginny, I heard Harry was at your house." I said looking at Luna then back at Ginny. "Well..." Ginny trailed off smiling.

When we got to the school and got off the train I filtered through the crowd looking for Draco. I found him alone holding his luggage looking around. I smiled at him when our eyes made contact and he started heading towards me. 

I gave him a quick kiss before a tight hug. "I'll meet you at the court yard with the notice board in it in maybe an hour. Is that ok?" I explained looking up at him. "Sure." Draco smiled giving me one last kiss on the nose before turning away. 

I turned back around and started walking in the direction of a smiling Ginny and Luna. When I got close to them and we started walking they were wiggling their eye brows at me. I playfully hit them both on the shoulder and we laughed saying a goodbye to Luna. "Meet you at the board in an hour."

Once Ginny and I got to my dorm, which was closest to the entry, we said a quick goodbye reminding each other about meeting in an hour. I gave her a small smile as I opened the door into my room, seeing Stella unpacking with her stuff drawled over her bed. "Hey Stella." I announced. 

She turned around and looked me. Stella gave me an awkward but welcoming smile. "Hi." She said turning back around. That was all the social interaction we had for the next hour of unpacking and settling in again after that. 

I smiled a silent goodbye to Stella as I put Zest's bowl of food down and opened the door. I headed quickly to the courtyard, hoping I wasn't the last one there, or the first either. I reach the courtyard after a swift 5 minute walk, happy with myself for not getting completely lost. 

I scanned the courtyard for Draco's handsome face and saw him sitting alone on a concrete bench near a tree. I smiled to myself as I walked through the students. I accidently bumped into someone and after I apologised I looked up to where Draco was but he wasn't there anymore. 

A confused look filtered it's way onto my face and I looked around with my eye brows furrowed. Abruptly, I felt one arm slide from under my shoulder to over to the opposite one, and his other arm around mine and across my torso holding loosely onto my hip. I felt Draco's face cuddled into my hair laid over my shoulder. 

"Hello." I whispered loud enough for only him to hear. "Hi." He whispered. "That was cute." I whispered absentmindedly. Draco smiled at my comment and I felt him shift his head to rest his chin on my shoulder and his lips brushed up against my neck. 

"What are you-" I started but I stopped when his hand slid onto my neck.  "Draco." I whined quietly. Draco's hand softly grabbed onto my jaw and I grabbed onto his forearm, his lips grazed my cheek giving it a quick peck. I averted my gaze from him as I felt my cheeks burn up. 

Draco shifted his body so he was more side on to me then behind and held my face with his hand bringing in front of his. I looked into his eyes then quickly around me. When my eyes found his again they were locked on my lips. "We have spent the last 2 weeks together almost 24/7 and I didn't think I would miss you in the last hour I have been without you." Draco whispered. 

A small smile crept it's way onto my lips and the tips of my ears burned with shyness. I turned a bit more to face him and I grabbed his chin along with his jaw moving it towards my face that little bit more. Draco's body moved so we were standing parallel and we looked into each other's eyes.

"Just shut up and kiss me already." I said before our lips inevitably connected. I smiled into the kiss along with Draco's smirk. I pulled away and fluttered my eyes open as I stared up at him through my lashes. I was suddenly aware of all the people around us and a giggling Ginny and Luna as well. 

I turned around out of Draco's grasp to meet Ginny and Luna sheepishly smiling at the both of us. "Ha ha very funny, I have a boyfriend." I said rolling my eyes playfully trying to force down a smile. "Let's just look at the notice board." I said finally unable to keep my smile from reaching my lips. 

We slowly walked through the, very slow, one by one, departing crowd reaching the notice board. Draco's hand tightened around mine as Ginny beside me read out the new teachers names. Severus Snape was one of them, teaching potions. 

I chose to ignore Draco's sudden anxious mood for that time and decided to bring it up later. 

A few hours later when Draco and I had met up again and were walking through the school, I asked him about his anxiousness in the courtyard. "Hey, were you ok, in the courtyard at the notice board?" I asked Draco. I felt our swinging hands slow down a bit and his grip on my hand tightened. 

Draco was still silent, he was looking ahead like he was having an enteral battle with himself. I stopped and turned to face him, worry filled my expression. "Draco, what's wrong, please tell me." I insisted. "You know how I said my family and I are tied into some bad stuff?" Draco asked finally looking at me. 

I hummed, nodding my head, silently asking him to continue. "Well Snape is sort of wrapped into that stuff as well, and I have a hunch he's here to watch over me." Draco explained, his voice getting quieter. I brought my hands out of his and cupped his cheeks. "You know I'm with you all the way right?" I asked bringing myself closer to him. 

"Yes my love and I will be forever grateful to you." Draco said bringing me into a big warm embrace. 

__________________________________________

Word Count: 1445

Mhm, so I don't know what to say about this chapter, without like you know, giving maybe too much away but the chapters have titles, so thank you for reading.

Edited