22- Soccer Can Be Boring... But Hot Girls

Mai knew Azula, but Azula didn't know anyone. Not even herself. She remembered when Zuko came out to her, she came out right back and everything was fine. Until they broke up. She found out from Azula that Zuko had been kicked out.

She remembered how Zuko said that his dad would kill him if he found out, so she assumed he had somehow found out and well.

And Azula had no idea why, but still just blindly accepted that he was a disappointment to the family. It's too bad she was most obviously gay.

I mean, whatever the fuck their trio was, it was absolutely not straight.

And not only that she had also done what all the lesbians do, and fallen for her best friend. How else could you explain the fact that she chased every one of her partners away.

It's too bad Azula had no idea what feelings are and what they mean. I mean she didn't have anyone to teach her that. So Mai could point her in the right direction but it could be a while before she takes the hint.

And Ty-Lee, well, Mai didn't know. She knew Ty-Lee cared deeply about their friend, but she also knew that Ty-Lee was a bit scared of her, and what she's capable of. Mai felt that way too. It would probably take some character development to get them together.

Well Mai, as much as she had come to her friends games to support them, there was one thing that stood out above them all.

The high school girls.

Now, Mai liked guys too, but she had dated Zuko for years now. Been there done that. And the soccer field had everything.

All the girls on the soccer team were so extremely fit, and they always looked so pretty, and when they got sweaty and their hair would become wet. It was the most eye candy for anyone.

And then you also had cheerleaders at every game. A bunch of flexible girls in skirts, yes please.

Though she kept this all in her head, it was her favourite thing about the games.

As the game got closer to starting, she looked down at the bench to see Azula having an internal panic attack.

She rolled her eyes.

Azula was obviously worried she wouldn't be starting. And that was stupid, this coach probably gave Suki the captain position because she's a senior after all.

And even if Suki was better than her, Mai had played soccer with Azula since they were kids. She did end up taking up archery instead, but she knew that her best friends was a damn good player. No matter how aggressive she was to even her own team.

It would be a waste if she was sitting on the bench. If her coach decided to do that she's plain stupid. Azula should know that too.

But considering the look of internalized panic she was giving off, Azula was just plain stupid.

Most people couldn't tell what went on behind those ice cold eyes, and Mai honestly couldn't most of the time. But this look she had seen many times. It was one of the two she actually could show on her face. The other being anger.

Her arms and legs were crossed, her foot was tapping repeatedly and her lips were pressed into a thin line. It was close to just being the normal cold look.

But Mai could tell the difference. This was the look she usually gave before she took out a cigarette. And she smoked when something was bothering her.

Honestly it was a wonder that Azula could still play soccer, a game that involves so much running, when using nicotine as a coping mechanisn.

Mai started to observe the bleachers that were being filled before the game started. The nights were warm at this time of year, though they soon would start to get cold, and less and less people would watch the team play. But tonight, it felt as the entire school was there.

As she scanned through the people, her eyes froze on Zuko. The only time Zuko ever really came to Azulas games was because Mai was there. And it's not like he went to every one.

Mai had seen her ex boyfriend around a few times, so the scar didn't shock her today. When she first saw it though, she wanted to ask what happened, why he got kicked out, how he got that scar.

But it's not like she was allowed to be seen with him, and he had a new phone number for some reason. And Azula was with her almost at all times, so there weren't many options.

But now that Azula was playing a game, she would probably look for Mai, and Mai couldn't take that risk.

She knew the game would start soon, as both teams were gathering around their coaches, and the ref blew their whistle.

She looked back to where Zuko was sitting, and took a look at the people he was with.

Beside him sat a boy she recognized. She didn't know his name, or much about him. But she had seen him at games before, with his sister, who was on the student council, and he spent a lot of time with Suki. She was pretty sure they were dating.

He seemed to talk a lot and Zuko seemed to be listening. She could tell that he was probably a person who would drain her mental energy fast.

Azula may also be mad if she found out that Zuko was talking to Suki's boyfriend.

They were also sitting with that sunshine band kid, Aang, who was friends with the girl on Student council. She thought they were dating until she found out that she was dating Jet, that guy that got arrested.

She looked back over to the field. She may get to talk to Zuko after the game ended if she could escape Azula.

The ref blew their whistle, and the players ran onto the field. She saw that Azula was running into position at the middle line.

The line on her face, and turned back into a smirk, that she wore often before a game.

Mai smiled a bit to herself. Now she wouldn't have to listen to all that complaining.

A/N- Hey, hope you liked the chapter:), I'm really happy I finally got to right one from Mai's perspective. Also I just love how everyone just agrees that Ozai is homophobic. Make sure to tell me if there is anything you want to see in a later chapter:)