The War Begins

Keefe POV

What's that human "meme" again?

Making my way downtown, walking fast. *something happens* *walking faster*

Yeah. That pretty much sums up my situation. Except, of course, in my case I'm making my way to Everglen. And the something that happens?

"Keefe fucking Sencen if you don't get your ass back here this instance I swear-" The rest of Bangs Boy's sentence was cut off by my pounding feet. Hmm. Maybe "walking faster" was a bit of an understatement. Full out sprinting was more accurate.

Now, why was Bangs Boy so mad at me? Well it's obvious, really. He was simply so jealous of my amazing hair, my stunning personality, the wonder that is me that he-

Oh, fuck. He's catching up. I channel mental energy into my feet in a desperate attempt to get to the safety of Everglen's giant gates. Who knew Tam was so damn fast?

Now, where was I? Oh, yes. As I was saying, Bangs Boy was jealous. In fact, so jealous that-

I was cut off by a strand of shadowflux wrapping around my ankle and yanking me upwards. "Really?" I demanded, facing him (or as best I could while hanging upside down from a tree by my ankle). "Not cool, dude."

He folded his muscular, handsome - I MEAN, he folded his arms and glared at me through his weird silver tipped bangs.

No, my brain corrected, you mean his really cool silver tipped bangs.

"No, that's not what I mean!" I grumbled underneath my breath. "Shut up, brain."

"I-" Tam looked startled for a second. "Um, what?" He frowned at me.

"Um, nothing!" I said quickly. "Just talking to myself!" Nice going, Sencen. I rolled my eyes at myself internally. Now he thinks you're crazy.

"Um, ok...?" He looks slightly thrown off for a second, then regains his composure. "Anyways, that's what you get for slipping a pink hair elixir into my shampoo - it's not funny!"

Ah, yes. When I said all that about Bangs Boy being jealous?  Yeah. I lied. "Great look, by the way." I winked at him. "Don't worry, it'll wear off in... Hmm. Two days? Or is it three? You can ask Dex if you want to be sure. After all, he's the one who made the elixir."

He scowled. "Don't even get me started on Dex. Just because he told me it was your idea doesn't let him off the hook for making the elixir in the first place. He has some major payback coming his way."

"Oh does he now?" My grin spread wider. "But then you'd be fighting a prank war against both of us. You wouldn't want that, would you?" I paused. "But as soon as you lose I'd just stab him in the back, of course. Every man for himself! Even someone as cute as Dizznee can't escape the wrath of Lord Hunkyhair!"

"Oh, would you now?" A very familiar voice said. I froze.

A certain Technopath stepped in front of me and narrowed his periwinkle eyes. "What a surprise to see you here, Dex!" I laughed nervously. "Um... you wouldn't happen to have heard all that?"

"Oh, he heard." Tam "reassured" me. "He absolutely heard." His lips formed an undeniably hot smirk as he turned to Dex. "Now, I wonder what would happen if we just left him hanging here for a little?"

Dang. That smirk just got a whole lot less hot. Oh, who am I kidding? It was even hotter.

"OH COME ON!" I protested. "You wouldn't just abandon your pranking buddy, would you Dizznee?" I raised my hand for a high five.

"I think," Dex replied, completely ignoring me, "that that would be an amazing idea."

The two boys shared a glance and walked off, leaving me hanging - in more than one way.

So... yeah. Kind of terrible, but... oh well. I tried, ok? ANYWAYS. 616 words! Not gonna lie, kinda short, but I promise other chapters will be longer. Not necessarily better, but longer. Also, im kinda terrible at this author's note thing, so please forgive me.

C

   A

     N

        T

D

   E

     N

        Y

I

   T

signing out