The author is bad at titles

Fitz POV

"So, a prank war," I nodded as I munched down on a blitzenberry muffin - the same muffin I had previously choked on while hearing about Tam's hair. "To be honest, the only thing I think of when someone says that is a stream of cuss words, considering I'm the subject of most of Keefe's pranks."

"That's an idea," Tam considered me from where he was perched on the kitchen counter. "A prank war, except we're all pranking Fitz instead of each other."

"That," I corrected, "is an idea, but it's a bad idea, so it's not an option that we'll be considering. Fuck off."

"Damn," Dex snickered. "I think he was kidding, dude. I guess you hold a little more of a grudge than what Keefe's detention slips suggest."

"How do you know what Keefe's detention slips say?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

He waved a hand dismissively. "Please. I hack into the registry all the time, do you really think I wouldn't look at everyone's files? How else would I know that your parents named you Fitzroy Avery Vacker?"

He winked a periwinkle eye at me, and I gazed at him for a little longer than I should have, especially given that he had just said my full name and that Biana was cackling like a hyena next to me. I glared at her.

"Do you have to laugh every time you hear that?" I snapped. "It gets old after a while, you know."

"I feel like it doesn't," Dex disagreed, smirking at me. "I mean, who names their child Fitzroy Avery? I can't blame you for calling yourself Fitz instead. Besides, I like that better."

"Thanks," I managed, caught off guard by the beaming smile he sent my way.

"By the way," he turned toward Tam, changing the subject and giving me a few seconds to stop gay panicking and compose myself, "is Keefe still dangling outside?"

"Nah," Tam replied. "I let him down and filled him in about the prank war while we were telling Fitz, so he's probably plotting right now. Which, honestly, we should be doing too."

Dex nodded, surprisingly calm for someone who would have to face Keefe Sencen's pranks in twenty four hours. "Probably," he grinned, showing his adorable dimples. (Was it weird that every time I saw those stupidly cute dimples, all I wanted to do was kiss them?)

He turned toward me and said, "Sorry for cutting this short, dude. I'll see you tomorrow at school, right?"

"Of course," I sent him my most dazzling smile as Tam and Biana rolled their eyes in solidarity.

I waved as he and Tam left, watching Dex leave with which must have been a pathetically wistful expression on my face, because my sister shoved me out of the chair I was sitting in.

"What was that for?" I protested, turning to glare at her.

"For Elendil's sake, Fitz, just ask him out already!" she blinked out of sight and pushed me again.

I regained my balance and told her, "He doesn't like me, Bi. I'm not asking him out, I don't even know if he likes guys." Seeing her roll her eyes, I folded my arms and repeated, "He doesn't like me."

"Bullshit!" she rolled her eyes. "Have you seen how he looks at you? It's so obvious to literally everyone but you."

I glared at her. "Biana, he calls me Wonderboy."

She buried her head in her hands and groaned, "I give up. You are absolutely hopeless, I can't do this." She disappeared.

I stared at the place where she had been, wondering if she had actually left or not. Somehow, I doubted she had.

She couldn't be right, could she? I wondered. I mean, if Dex actually does like me... I stared into space, contemplating.

Nah, I decided. There's no way, and even if there was, I wouldn't ask him out. I don't want to risk the friendship we have right now.

Shaking my head quickly to clear my mind, I stood and retreated to my room to prepare for the chaos that would occur tomorrow morning.

hsaldh lksdjflka sjlkjsd I'M BACK! And I'm also very sorry for leaving so abruptly and not updating for forever, but I've been depressed and I also got outed to my parents. Fun times. 

C

    A

        N

            T

D

    E

        N

            Y

I

    T

signing out