𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

The sun shone over the horizon, coating the land of Wallachia in its rays of gold. Despite the oddly welcoming weather, the air smelt musty and earthy like after a storm. But one would not expect anything else from this gore-covered land anyway. The birds chirped as they flew past Castlevania, which now stood out like a sore thumb between the two grey mountains. The fortress, which was once occupied by the man nicknamed The Devil for how iniquitous and merciless he could be to the unfortunate souls who angered him, stood empty with no other purpose other than a forever grave for the soldiers of both Styria and Wallachia, patiently waiting to be looted by the nearby towns for all knowledge it held.

The dhampir raced through the hallways, panting as breathing became more and more agonizing. At last, he reached the room he'd been looking for. The sun's golden rays leaked through the multiple cracks in the roof of the cylindrical library. In the middle of it, just as he had expected, laid the seraph. They were positioned face-down, laying on the wooden floor with their wings sticking out in all directions.

His pale hand travelled under their frail form, avoiding the wings, which, from his perspective, appeared to be damaged. He turned them over and laid them out on their back. Their chest rose up and down as air entered and escaped their lungs. The dhampir sighed, somewhat relieved. He plopped down on the ground, leaning on his arm. Not paying his actions much attention, he glided his hand under their chin, brushing over their cheek.

"What the hell are you doing?" The seraph's voice quivered. The sound was hoarse, breaking as they spoke just loud enough for the dhampir's ears to hear.

"N-nothing," He exhaled, tracing over the contour of their face.

"You deem this as nothing?" They queried, relaxing at the man's touch. The room fell into silence as the dhampir delved for an appropriate answer. Suddenly, he stopped as his fingers reached their cheekbone.

"You were victorious, were you not?" The seraph asked, turning their head to the side, pressing their face into the man's soft hands.

"Yes, we were," The response he gave put a smile on their face, and they hummed, muttering an 'I see'.

"I couldn't find you anywhere once my father dragged me out into this library. Sypha and Belmont showed up, but you weren't with them,"

The half-vampire moved closer to the angel on the floor. He leaned forwards, placing his forehead into their collarbone and burying his face in their neck, and sneaked his arms around their waist. In response, the seraph pulled the dhampir by his upper body into a tight hug.

"Is that why you are being so haptic?" The seraph smirked, still not opening their eyes. The dhampir remained unresponsive, simply breathing in and out.

"Alucard, stop!" The seraph giggled, "That tickles!"

The man lips stretched into a soft smile, chuckling as he heard the angel squeal in laughter under his form. He nuzzled their collarbone before moving even closer to their neck.

"It's 'Adrian' for you," He murmured. His drip on their waist tightened, making them move their hands to rest on his upper arms.

"What?"

"Don't-... Ugh," He staggered. "Call me 'Adrian' instead,"

"Why?" Y/n hummed in a teasingly manner. They finally opened their eyes and gazed into the man's yellow ones. His form stood above them, mere centimetres away from their face. His blond hair hung loosely over both of them, hiding them in some makeshift curtain. Even in such a poorly lit environment, the dhampir's eyes glowed like the moon in the night sky.

"...You," The seraph swallowed the lump they'd been holding in their throat, "You have such magnificent eyes,"

"Woah, woah, woah!" A sheen former over the half-vampire's eyes, making the seraph's stumble on their own words, "Don't cry now!"