𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

After their outburst, Y/n dislodged themselves from the ground. Making peace with their thoughts was the key here; they didn't want anyone from the team getting involved. They sat on the old snow-covered ground by a massive oak tree. There were no animals in sight. No deer or aves or rodents. No one but them.

'Lucifer told me what it will be like, to fall from the Heavens, and he warned me it will come with a great painful price yet here I am. I wonder what he would think of me... I may be going through the same transformation as he did hundreds of years ago. I query I'll look like Luci. Honestly, I cannot wait to see, but I'll miss my wings so much...'

A snap of a twig dragged them back to reality. They turned around and saw none other than Belmont standing before them.

"Oops..!" He mumbled sheepishly. His face turned red in embarrassment, making Y/n smirk.

"What is it, Trevor?" They asked still wearing that sneer on their features.

"I... I wanted to apologise for what I said earlier," He said. "It was stupid of me to say that about Alucard's mother,"

"You should apologise to him, not me," The seraph remarked. "I was only offended because of how you, along with humanity in general, view human life as something disposable,"

"I am sorry about my outburst earlier. I should not have slapped you," Y/n said. It was enough to make the monster hunter smile. "But I would be lying if I said it did not make me feel better,"

"It makes everyone feel better," Belmont chortled. "I think I should be going now. I didn't tell Sypha and Alucard I left,"

"Hold on, Trevor," Y/n exclaimed. "I would like to talk to you about something,"

"I swear if it's about what I said earlier-"

"No," They answered. "It's about Alucard... and his parents," The hunter's curiosity was successfully caught.

"Alright then..."

Y/n did now know why they told Trevor their plans. They were not on the best of terms and yet they shared almost everything they had in mind. The two built a plan of how they will proceed in the next few days, although Belmont did not approve of it completely. He thought it was too incautious even if Y/n carried out most of it by themselves but they convinced him that it will be fine. Except they never told him the irrevocable consequences and the price they had to pay.

"I am much surprised to see you in one piece, Belmont," The dhampir commented hearing two sets of footsteps behind him, one significantly heavier than the other.

"Me too," The seraph joked before perching down on the chilled soil.

"Oh, please," The hunter scoffed.

He was about to resume his speech, but something growled in the hedges. It was low, barely distinct to the human ear.

"Did you hear that?" Y/n whispered.

"Animals lurking in the undergrowth?" Alucard asked. "Wait, no!"

"Which is the nearest town? Is it still Gresit?" Belmont swept debris over the campfire, putting it out.

"Agres with closer to us," Sypha said. It was evident she had a precise understanding of the local geography. Being nomadic sure had its privileges.

Hearing more animalistic growls and footsteps in the snow, the four separated. Belmont wasted no time climbing up a tree not far from their stop, Sypha stayed by the wagon and Alucard with Y/n went deeper into the forest. After several seconds of walking, they spotted several night creatures. Their eyes glowed red in bloodlust and they roared at the two. Y/n spread their wings and puffed them out, making themselves appear bigger than before. That agitated the two smaller ones, if it was even appropriate to call them small. They roared at the two and ran in sync, preparing to charge. Alucard took out his long sword and focuses on the six beasts.