Chapter 8 Guardian Angel

Marcilynn

I'm. So. Bored. I thought to myself.

I'm sick of this waiting around.

Here I am doing my usual laps around the hospital and I finally make it back to my room where my lifeless body laid. Every time I look at it, I get sad. I was an idiot kid. No. I was a delusional kid. No. I was a mentally insane kid who got hit by I car just because I thought I saw an old friend.

I know now that Dally really wasn't there, but at the time it seemed so so real.

Good ole Dallas Winston.

I smiled and sat on my bed next to my body. I can only imagine how he's doing right now. I wonder if he's slashing tires in another life or is fighting in a rumble.

I giggle and shake my head.

He's probably getting scolded for all the things he did when he was alive. I rolled my eyes.

My brothers never wanted me to hang out with just Dallas. I understand why now, but at the time I'd get so angry. He was a part of the gang and probably the most dangerous one. Darry would get so mad if I asked to hang out with Dallas. He'd say, "Dallas? Hell no. He's too much trouble and very dangerous. I don't care if he's a part of our gang. No means no!"

I laughed again thinking of my older brother.

"Darry was always so uptight." the clicking sound of a lighter filled the room after the familiar voice.

I froze in my tracks. I turned to see Dallas Winston in my door frame.

"Dally?"

"Hey, Kid." he said cooly taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Wha- How?" I was stunned.

"I'm a ghost. Same as you."

I stared at him, unsure what to do.

He blew out the smoke from his mouth. "But it's a little early for you to be a ghost don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" I was finally able to say.

Dallas walked into the room and sat on the chair in front of me. "You're too young." he said simply.

"I'm the same age as you." I pointed out.

Dallas took another drag of his cigarette and chuckled. "No, not when you first became a ghost."

"I suppose." a pause filled the room. "Why are you here?" I questioned him. "The last time I saw you, you weren't really even there. How am I supposed to trust it's really you." I shivered remembering how exactly I got myself into this situation.

"Hallucinations are the fucking worst, I'll give you that. I'm sorry that's the last time you saw me." he paused to take a drag of his cancer stick. "Let's just say I'm here as your angel per say."

"Huh?"

"I'm going to help you back into your body."

I jumped up from my seat. "Are you for real?!"

Dallas nodded his head. "Don't get too excited." he said sarcastically.