Child of the Frost Giants

You arrived in front of Loki's quarters the following morning after the ball. He had asked you to meet him here last night and you weren't sure what for.

"There's something I need to finally show you," Loki said, with a slight grimace on his face. He took your hand, making you both turn invisible. He then lead you down a long flight of stairs under Asgard's palace, were there were two Einherjar guards standing in front of a wide, heavy metal door. You kept quiet as Loki caused a distraction, allowing for the guards to leave and for you to both enter through the door unnoticed.

"Is this what I think it is?" You asked in shock, looking around. It was a room filled with different types of exotic treasures like a golden gauntlet, a glowing blue box, a bowl full of billowing orange flames, and other items you had never seen before. "I thought these treasures were all myths from children's stories."

"It is. Odin's secret trophy vault. And the stories are all real, but no one outside the Royal Palace of Valaskjalf knows this place actually exists," Loki stated, walking over to a small stack of glittering stones openly laid out on one of the displays. "These are the Norn Stones, and they came from Karnilla's cave."

"They're Karnilla's? What can they do?" You asked.

"They wield a very powerful type of magic, one that amplify your own powers or even teleport you into other realms," Loki explained.

"Why are you showing me these?" You asked, confused.

"I wanted to share what I found out from Karnilla the day we visited Nornheim. These stones were the reason for our marriage. In exchange for Odin helping restore Nornheim, he requested these stones, to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands. But knowing my father, he just wanted another piece of treasure to add to his precious collection here," said Loki, shaking his head.

You weren't sure why he would be showing you such a powerful item, how could he trust you with this sort of knowledge? Was this all a test? Or another one of his tricks?  You tried to change the subject. "Thank you for telling me. This marriage makes a lot more sense now." Although you didn't like how Odin and Karnilla were using you and Loki as pawns in their game. "What's over there?" You asked, pointing to the last display at the end of the room and walking towards it. It was a glowing, blue box.

"That's the Casket of Ancient Winters. Odin took it from the Frost Giants in the Asgard-Jotunheim War."

"I've heard of it before, but what exactly does it do?"

Loki looked like he didn't want to respond this time but he said, "It's the source of the Frost Giant's power." His hands began to hover over it, as if it were entrancing him.

You furrowed your eyebrows at him, not sure of what to say next. "Maybe we should go. If we get found here..." You were cut off by footsteps nearing the door, and you immediately turned invisible and hid behind a column. Loki was still frozen in place, his hands now on the casket, unmoving.

Odin walked into the room at the exact moment that Loki picked the casket up.

Loki's skin turned blue and his eyes shifted to red as he held the casket. He glanced towards your direction for a quick second, looking shameful. He resembled a Frost Giant. No, he was a Frost Giant. Based off his reaction, Loki must have just discovered this too. You covered your mouth to keep yourself from gasping. Loki set the casket back down again when Odin took a step towards him.

"The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" Loki asked Odin.

"No. In the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small for a Giant's offspring, abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son," Odin replied, carefully.