A Promise Between Two Evils

3rd Person POV

"..."

"It's been a while since Hajime and Fuyuhiko left…" F/N mutters to himself as he stares up at the ceiling of the hospital. He doesn't remember how long he's been laying there motionless, but he can tell it's already late into the night.

With nothing else to do but let time pass for a little while longer, F/N decided that he'd check on things for now.

"I'll try talking to her one more time." F/N mutters as he stands up and starts walking towards the room Mikan is staying in.

"Maybe she's still asleep..." F/N mutters just before walking into the room, only to find Mikan standing in the center of it, silently staring at him. She was still tied up, so F/N didn't really understand why she even bothered getting out of bed in the state she was in.

"Okay.... So she's not asleep. Great..." F/N mutters

"F/N, I'm so glad that you came. First, my beloved visits me, and then my other beloved returns... My heart can only take so much." Mikan mutters as she begins to breathe heavily with pink cheeks.

"Your beloved visited you…? What are you talking about?"

"She told me exactly how I can make her love me. How I can make her forgive me." Mikan begins as she takes a step towards F/N, who instinctively takes a step back.

"She loves despair. She wants it... She needs it F/N. I'm sure you know this even more than I do." Mikan mutters as she takes several more steps towards F/N, who at this point has backed up into a door and can no longer back away from Mikan.

"F/N.... My beloved... Junko... She will get the despair she longs for. I'll be sure of it. And after that, you'll feel the beauty of despair too~" Mikan tells him.

"You know, if anyone saw you like this, they'd think you're a crazy person." F/N walked up to her and led her back to her bed.

"Hey, F/N. How come nobody else has shown up to visit me?" Mikan asks him. "Don't tell me you're keeping them away on purpose."

"You're enough of a danger as is. The more people you speak with in this state, the more troublesome you become." With this explanation, F/N laid her down.

"Are you trying to keep me to yourself? Does this mean you've finally forgiven me?" Mikan's smile grew wider.

"Yaaay~ That makes me so happy to know you've forgiven me~"

"I'll forgive you when this is all over. So can you please stop talking so much?"

"Over? But how could this ever be over? My beloved wants despair. She loves it sooo much. So this won't ever be over until she can get it!" Mikan tells him. She tried sitting up, but F/N pushed her back down.

"There is a way to win this. One that gives the least amount of despair… and the least amount of victims." F/N tells her.

"What's that…?"

"..."

"After everything is resolved, don't feel responsible for anything, alright?" F/N comments.

"Huuh? What does that mean?" Mikan questioned him further, however F/N just draped a blanket over her.

"Just go to sleep. I'm going to deal with this one way or another." With this, F/N left the room, leaving Mikan with nothing left to do but stare at the ceiling in silence.

****

"Monokuma should have been listening in on everything that I've been doing recently. I'm sure he's getting all giddy seeing me in this state..." F/N thought to himself as he sat on a chair and removed a hair clip that he had pinned to his scarf from the moment he got to this island. This pin is shaped to look like a bear. It is quite similar to Monokuma's lighter side.