Chapter 2

3rd Person POV

*Ding Dong Ding Dong*

"Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!"

"Hm... It's time to meet up with everyone at the restaurant...." F/N mutters to himself as he gets up from his bed.

"...."

"At a point like this… I wonder if it's possible to stop what may be coming…"

"Stop this? You're funny, F/N..." A voice whispers

F/N almost had a heart attack when he heard someone talk to him. He looked around the entirety of his cottage to find out who that was...

But nobody is there...

"......"

"Am I hearing things now?"

F/N shook his head and concluded that the stress of this situation was simply getting to him and he shouldn't dwell on that too much.

With that thought in mind, F/N left his cottage and headed off to the restaurant.

"...for now, I should avoid not showing up to the restaurant meetings each morning, as to avoid being suspected of being dead and to prevent the others from thinking I'm a suspicious person…" Halfway to the hotel, F/N noticed Mahiru was still outside as well.

"G-Good morning, F/N." Mahiru greets F/N as he walks by.

"Yeah... good morning."

"Jeez, what's with the sullen face?" Mahiru asked him this, but her expression quickly fell.

"...Well, I guess I'm not one to talk. I couldn't really sleep last night. I had a lot on my mind, and I don't know if I'll ever get the answers I'm looking for…" She sighed.

"Well, if you find yourself constantly thinking about this situation, then perhaps a distraction of some kind will help, at least for some time."

"That's not a bad idea. Maybe just for kicks, I should prepare some yummy desserts and tea, and invite some people to come chat with me." Mahiru seemed to have an idea.

"Ah, just so you know, it's gonna be a girls-only gathering. Don't expect the boys to be invited!" She informs F/N.

"I'm not sure many of the boys here can be trusted to have a nice little tea party without causing some form of problem." When F/N said this, he was mostly thinking about Teruteru, but saying that out loud wasn't necessary.

"Yeah, that's completely true." Mahiru sighs. "Ah, but I don't really know how to make desserts. Is there any recipe book around here?"

"I don't know where to find one myself... but I do have a notebook in my cottage with a bunch of recipes written inside it." F/N recalls.

"Huh? Seriously?" Mahiru exclaims.

"Then, could you show it to me if you can? I'll even invite you if you do!" She offers him.

"Oh, sure, I don't really mind. It has both simple and complex recipes, so I'm sure you'll find something worth making in it." F/N tells her.

"You're a lifesaver F/N, thank you!" Mahiru smiled.

"...getting thanked so earnestly feels kind of nice." F/N thought as he looked away from her.

"I guess now it's only fair to consider you to be occasionally reliable. But you better not make me regret thinking that!" Mahiru warns him.