Lectures From The Mother

A/N The most awaited chapter is here. Get ready for Lectures, swearing and cringing. Start reading!

1 February 1977, Hogsmead Village, 11:30 a.m.

James gulped silently and he rubbed his hands as he looked around the Hogsmead crowd. He tried searching for a flash of red or brown hair. He saw none and sighed. Sirius gave him a look full of sympathy.

'Try not to get killed by Mum or Aunty Ria mate.' He said. James grimaced and nodded. Remus snorted.

'You guys sort this out, I have to go buy parchment, I'm running short on it.' He said and walked away. 'Traitor.' Sirius muttered. James bit his lip.

'Padfoot, if I die, make sure that no one marries Lily, okay?' James pleaded to Sirius.

Sirius grimaced. 'Can't you be positive for once in your life?' He asked weakly. 'In the current situation? No.' James replied.

'James, Sirius!'

James closed his eyes for a moment and opened them. He grinned charmingly at his Mum and Aunt. May giggled.

'Mum, Aunty, May!' He exclaimed. Sirius rolled his eyes.

'You are an pathetic actor Prongs.' He mumbled in James' year. James stepped on his foot. Sirius winced.

'Hm, Hello sons. Let's get a table shall we?' Mia said as she adjusted her scarf. 'Sure!' Sirius said as he walked towards a table. They took seats.

'Four butterbeers and two chocolate muffins Rosmerta.' Aunty Ria said. Rosmerta beamed.

'It's good to see you Dorea. Hello Mrs. Potter. Hi May!' She greeted them. Ria smiled while Mia and May greeted her. Rosmerta served their order and walked away to serve another table.

'So, how's school?' Mia asked. James thanked Merlin for giving such an easy question.

'Hard.' Sirius said. Mia nodded understandingly.

'How are you and Marlene doing Sirius?' Ria asked with a smiled. Sirius beamed. 'Perfect!' He replied happily. They talked for a long while, until Mia asked the hardest question.

'So, you asked Lily out James?' She asked.

Sirius stood up. 'Er--I'll see you guys later. I can see Marlene over there.' He flashed a quick smile and hurried out of the pub.

Bloody Traitor. James thought.

'Yes or no James?' Ria asked. James gulped.

'I-um..didn't...' he muttered. Ria's eyes flashed.

'You did what?' She growled. James cringed inwardly. Remember my last wish Padfoot. I love you Lils. Hope we meet in heaven. He thought.

'You didn't?' Mia asked. James bit his lip. He shook his head slowly. Mia sighed.

'Listen to me James. You are the only son I could get out of my cursed womb. I'm proud of Sirius, he selected a perfect girl for himself. Marlene McKinnon is perfect for him. I don't care that she's a half-blood. They love each other and that's what matters.

I want you to choose a girl that would support you, love you and care for you. I don't want you running after a pure-blood like Avery, Rosier or Lestrange, or something equally horrific as that.

I have no right over your life now. I may be your mother but I won't be choosing what's right and what's wrong for you. It depends on you. But it's my wish that you live a happy life.

And that girl for you is Lily Iris Evans. What's wrong with her? She's smart, funny and beautiful. Everyone in the family likes her. I don't care that she's a Muggle-Born. You love her James. I know it. The way you speak about her, the way you smile when she's near you...I'm not blind James.' Mia said.

Silence followed her words.

At last, James nodded. 'Soon Mum.' He said. Mia smiled. Ria grinned.

'Well that's good. Where is Remus? I want to meet him!' May whined. James rolled his eyes.

'Why do all little children like Moony?' He wondered. 'Because he's polite and respectful.' Ria said. James looked offended.

Mia and May laughed.

___________________________________

Lily rolled her eyes at Kiara.

They stood in Honeydukes'. Kiara was saying something about pranking the Mauraders with Acid Pops.

'It won't work Kia. They are the 'Gods of Pranking'.' She said. Kiara pouted.

'We can try.' She said. Lily rolled her eyes again. Kiara sighed.

They walked over to another shelf, checking the sweets on sale. Kiara bought loads of Pumpkin pastries. Lily bought sugar quills. They paid for their sweets and left.

'Let's find Ali, Frank and Marls.' Kiara said. Lily nodded.

They searched around Hogsmead. They found Frank and Alice in Scrivenshaft's, along with Remus. 

They were able to find Marlene. Though she was with Sirius and they were a bit...busy.

At least their mouths were busy.

'Gross.' Alice cringed. Lily laughed as Kiara pretended to throw up.

_____________________________________________

'...I would do anything for her. I could jump from the astronomy tower if she wanted me to do so. I would bring her the moon and stars if she desired it. I love her...'

Sirius groaned into his pillow. Remus sighed.

James was on with his theatric speech from an hour. Peter was the only one listening to him.

'...She's so beautiful, so smart...' James continued.

'SHUT UP PRONGS!' Sirius shouted. James ignored him and continued speaking.

1 February 1977, Boys Dormitory, 9:30 p.m.

'...Ooh Yes Sirius!...'

Everyone in the dormitory cringed as they heard Marlene's moan. Frank banged his head against the wall while Peter covered his ears.

'mm..yes!' Another moan.

'HOLY HELL I'M OUT OF HERE!' James announced. He stood up and hurried out of the door, closely followed by his friends.

'Where do we go?' Frank asked as soon as they were out of the dorm. 'Common Room?' Peter suggested. Remus shook his head.

'I'm not sleeping on the couch!' He said indignantly. James snorted. He looked thoughtfully at the girls' staircase.

'Do you think they'd let us stay there?' He wondered aloud. Frank frowned. 'Maybe.' Remus said th